We are a rapidly growing social game developer, with top ranked games on Mobile and Facebook. We have over 50 million fans playing our games all over the world.
There are about 350 of us creating super cool games in our offices, located 10 minutes from the beach, in beautiful sunny Barcelona.
Last year we were acquired by Take Two Interactive (GTA, Bioshock, XCom…) and have been expanding our activities, creating exciting new opportunities for top people to join our teams.
What you will do:
- Copywrite, proofread and polish English ingame copy as required and
under guidance from Game Writers, Production & Design teams
Copywrite and proofread English copy for marketing content & social media campaigns under guidance from Marketing and Community Management teams
- Perform linguistic quality assurance on English texts for core content (on-device and/or in the game text database/localization tool)
- Research and implement best-in-class English copy & narrative style by game genre and target audience
- Coordinate translation assignments with the localization team where required
- Establish & maintain glossaries and style guides for allocated games/projects
- Maintain copywriting, proofreading and English LQA task tracking through JIRA and other reporting platforms as required
- Perform other English writing and quality control tasks, supporting the Game Writers, Production, CS and Marketing teams
What you should have:
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- Studies in Creative Writing, Journalism, Linguistics, English Philology,... any studies that include excellent writing and a critical eye for copy
- Proven experience as a copy editor or game writer, preferably in mobile/social gaming or related media
- Strong creative writing skills, passionate about narrative design in games and casual entertainment media
- Ability to work independently, proactively and meet deadlines in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Quality and detail oriented
- Experience in creating English style guides and glossaries for social & mobile games
- Experience as an English quality analyst or proofreader
- Awareness of localization dependencies on English content, style, context & language specifics
- Ability to familiarize quickly with new and existing games through research & active gameplay
- Proficient with navigating through JIRA boards, Google Docs/Sheets and Confluence platforms
- Understanding of game design & development practices
- Strong team player with a supportive attitude in a multilingual/multicultural environment
- Native level fluency in spoken and written US English, Spanish proficiency a plus
What we offer you:
First of all, we can offer you a challenging and fun role within a cool team!
Sounds like what other companies also say they have? Hold on, here’s what’s more:
- You’ll get the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- “Mens sana in corpore sano” is the Latin for “a healthy mind in a healthy body”. Our SocialPointers get a healthy Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus! Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day but of course you also get a private medical insurance, just in case.
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues, drop by our hairdresser’s to get ready (and forget your wallet).
- People development is key for us: coupling an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility programs you get real growth opportunities!
If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!
The list just goes on and on... so get your game on and apply now!