Liferay, Inc. is a leading provider of enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products, servicing Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
Working in Liferay is an
opportunity to participate in an ethical, motivating, challenging and
constantly expanding project within an international environment, that
offers the possibility developing a personal career according to your
capabilities and preferences as part of the Liferay team.
We are currently looking for a Test Engineer with extensive experience in testing software.
- Do you have experience in testing web applications and/or mobile apps?
- Are you skilled in testing?
- You always wanted to work in open source for a living?
If so, this might be your dream job. We are looking for someone with passion for software testing.
Work in a long-term software product. You will build strong foundations, without being constrained by deadlines, delivering the best possible solution so far and iterating then.
- Work in an open source distributed company with strong ethical values, sharp vision, in an international environment.
- Participate in the company-wide peer review process. Suggest improvements and be humble enough to allow other’s suggestions. Everyone learns from everyone, no matter how brilliant you are.
- Perform functional testing of Liferay DXP and other Liferay products
- Work closely with Product Management teams to define expectations of new functionality.
- Work closely with Development teams to verify that implementations satisfy expectations with the same vision.
- When needed train developers and document best practices to achieve maximum quality
You’re a vocational tester and you’re proud of that.
- Self-starter, quick learner, self-motivated, proactive beyond your duty.
- Good team player. You’ll be part of the Liferay team and this is important for us.
- Excellent attention to detail. Seriously, more than that.
- Previous experience as a Tester.
- Ability to analyze and investigate software and systems: find variations, evaluate results, discover relationships, statuses and transitions, etc.
- Ability to read code and identify potential bugs.
- Experience with design of test plans.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Currently living or willing/able to relocate to Madrid.
Ability to write clean and concise code.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of software quality metrics (i.e. ISO-9126).
- CISA or ISTQB certificacion.