Are you ready to join one of the most visionary and fastest growing DataOps companies in technology? Are you ready to be part of a unique culture of transparency and integrity? If so, a career at StreamSets might be the perfect fit for you!
At StreamSets, we believe in the audacious, ambitious goal of teasing order out of the chaos of modern data. We help our customers achieve that goal by solving the problem of data integration and data management for continuous delivery and constant change across any platform–past, present, and future.
The StreamSets vision for modern data integration is guided by DataOps, a set of practices and technologies that operationalizes data management and integration to ensure resilience and agility despite constant change. StreamSets technologies are architected with a modern approach to data engineering integration and operations.
The Support team is a critical part of our service delivery organization, directly responsible for handling customer issues, escalating as necessary, and ensuring our customers have a best-in-class experience with our products and services.
- Diagnosing and resolving issues encountered by our customers
- Providing education and guidance on configuring and working with StreamSets products to prevent problems before they occur
- Contributing to the end-to-end quality of the product by verifying fixes and advocating for improvements
- Working with the broader engineering team to deliver critical functionality necessary for the success of our customers.
- Coordinating and managing customer contact for critical product issues
- Participating in an on-call support rotation, which necessitates the need to work weekends on a shared and recurring basis with the team
You are a great fit because you are:
- A problem solver
- Excited to wear many hats and learn new technologies
- Pragmatic and methodical
- A solid communicator and collaborator
- A great teammate
- Someone who favors execution over planning
And you have:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Programming/scripting with Java, Perl, Python, Unix Shell scripts
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, etc.) and the ability to troubleshoot complex networking issues in a Linux or Windows environment
- Setup/configuration/troubleshooting experience in three or more of the following areas:
- Hadoop core, HBase, HIVE
- CDH, HDP
- Kafka and/or Spark
- Major cloud platforms (Azure, GCP, and AWS)
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS)
- Practical implementation experience with authentication/authorization protocols (setup and configuration of Kerberos, SAML, LDAP, and SSL)
- Enterprise relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostGres, SQL Server)
Who We Are:
StreamSets built the industry’s first multi-cloud DataOps platform for modern data integration, helping enterprises to continuously flow big, streaming and traditional data to their data science and data analytics applications. The platform uniquely handles data drift, those frequent and unexpected changes to upstream data that break pipelines and damage data integrity. The StreamSets DataOps Platform allows for execution of any-to-any pipelines, ETL processing and machine learning with a cloud-native operations portal for the continuous automation and monitoring of complex multi-pipeline topologies.
Founded in 2014, StreamSets is backed by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms, including Battery Ventures, New Enterprise Associates (NEA), and Accel Partners. Our founders have a deep understanding of the market, and our elite engineering team has delivered an award-winning, disruptive technology built from the ground up for the modern multi-cloud, big-data world. Our loyal customers include some of the world’s largest enterprises.
Why you should join:
We at StreamSets believe that it is the people who make a difference. Good people know how to execute on a vision. Great people care deeply about that vision and passionately about the direction the company is headed. We’re building a team dedicated to going fast to achieve our goals with confidence in each other.
- The best equipment and resources - MacBooks are our standard and we want to make sure you have what you need to be successful
- Healthy work/life balance - no texts at 10:00pm
- Competitive compensation, and options grants
- Professional development - we are invested in you
Come join us!