We're looking for a passionate Technical Recruiter to help us identify, assess, and hire best and the brightest talent to make an impact on technology. The right candidate is able to successfully manage, prioritize, and close searches against a timeline. In addition, you will conceive practical and creative ways to identify leading talent and invest a lot of time activating passive candidates through a highly engaged approach. You will be using data to set benchmarks and metrics to create targeted recruiting strategies, while partnering with engineering leadership to build high-performing teams that embody Databricks’ values and culture. This is a fast-paced, passionate environment in explosive growth mode - we need you to find the best of the best who will continue to make Databricks a great company.
- Meet weekly and monthly recruiting goals and hiring targets
- Partner up with recruiting team to manage candidates through the interview process
- Build talent pipelines for multiple technical job requisitions at any given time
- Partner with hiring teams to deeply understand hiring needs and requirements of the role and the ideal candidate, and develop unique full cycle hiring strategies and interview criteria for each role
- Run searches and engage with passive candidates via LinkedIn, Entelo, AngelList, Google Search Engine, GitHub, and other platforms
- Understand the market to run targeted search campaigns
- Execute and build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations through a deep understanding of return on investment
- Source qualified candidates, review resumes, and pre-screen candidates while moving interview process forward in a timely manner
- Ability to seek candidates for matching fit and motivation rather than focus on selling alone
- Work with the Recruiting team to providing positive and exceptional interview experiences for all parties
- 3+ years recruiting experience with a search firm or in-house recruiting team
- 1+ years software engineering recruiting experience, preferably in the Big Data space
- Experience in tech startups and demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a low structure, fast-paced environment in a flexible manner
- A sincere understanding of the importance of building relationships with active and passive candidates of all levels
- Relentless passion and drive to find and connect with the best talent
- Proven experience in building and managing a diverse pipeline
- Expert knowledge and experience running searches with Boolean, LinkedIn, and Entelo
- Exceptional organizational skills, with attention to detail and great follow-through
- A positive attitude and ability thrive working in a collaborative team environment
- Passionate, driven mentality with the readiness to jump right in and go!
- Keep ‘em warm! Manage the existing pipeline of candidates and identify potential opportunities for the future
- Proficient with Google Calendar, Apps and/or MSFT Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- BS/BA degree
Databricks’ mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by
unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Databricks’ founders
started the Spark research project at UC Berkeley that later became
Apache Spark. Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform powered
by Apache Spark for data science teams to collaborate with data
engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve
faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that
go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also
makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a
fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces
operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks,
venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among
others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell and HP.
For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.