Omnidrone is a rapidly-growing start-up partnered with top US publisher Scopely to make the next generation of hit mobile games. Based in the heart of Barcelona with the Mediterranean and the Sagrada Familia on either side, Omnidrone is bringing together the best and brightest game makers in the world to create unforgettable player experiences.
What will you do?
- Define the technological strategy in conjunction with the development team of each project: pipeline, tools, and key development procedures.
- Asses technical risk and mitigation plan.
- Establish standards and procedures to track and measure project's progression.
- Evaluate development teams, identifying strengths, problem areas, and developing plans for improving performance.
- Evaluate and interview candidates for technical positions.
- Scout for and evaluate new technology and tools as opportunities for innovation and development excellence.
- Oversee technical design documentation process for correctness and timeliness.
- Provide input to the other disciplines on the practicality of initial design goals and impact to the overall project timeline.
- Evaluates software implementation on design and task thoroughness.
- Help to identify high risk areas for the project director.
- Identify weak software systems that need code improvement and schedules corrective action, when possible.
- Create automated test process for system features, where possible, and contributes to the build system.
What will you need?
- 10+ years of professional experience developing games.
- Ability to identify and prevent global issues, trends and interactions.
- Ability to lead other programmers to find the right solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and software architecture.
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with one or more game engines like Unity 3D or Unreal Engine.
- Experience with mobile development is appreciated.
- Solid understanding of math involved in computer graphics.
- Good communication with team, lead programmer, producer and tech director.
- Ability to multitask and adapt easily to change.
- Ability to stretch working times, responsibilities and work under pressure whenever necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Good knowledge of one or more programming languages (C#, C++, Java, ...)
- Passion for games and knowledge of the mobile games industry is a plus.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organised working habits.
- Good command of English.