ZeptoLab is looking for a Technical Artist to join our team!
We make high-quality mobile games for a global audience. Our priorities are fun, quality, and innovation. ZeptoLab games have been downloaded more than one billion times!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and implement 2D sprite/UI assets as well as VFX/animations matching the established Art Direction;
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to solve art-related problematics;
- Ensure art pipelines efficiency while always considering both artistic vision and technical limitations;
- Participate in the development of tools and solutions for the Art team, as well as creating documentation and providing training.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
- Understanding of UI design and usability principles;
- Team player mentality;
- Proactivity and creativity, attention to details;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Good analytical and organisational skills;
- Good communication skills - English proficiency needed;
- Have shipped at least one mobile game on Android and iOS.
NICE TO HAVE
- Expertise in Unity Game Engine (2D), knowledge of Unity Animation and particle system;
- Experience scripting Shaders/C#;
- Experience with Spine.
To test-drive your job duties, we ask you to complete a test assignment. If the team likes your work, we will be happy to schedule an interview!
Please download this zipped PSD file.
1. Follow the reference from the «vehicles reference» folder and create new visuals for body, wheels and weapon(s).
- The vehicle should be recognisable and have some «personality». For example: ice cream truck, firefighter truck, boat with wheels, monster truck... It could be any idea, the main thing is to fit within the visual style of C.A.T.S.;
- Body of the car should have the same shape as one of the reference bodies, or any other shape, that already exists in the game;
- You can reskin one of the weapons, that already exists in the game or you can propose a new one. It could be any idea - visual is the main thing here.
2. Give life to your creation!
- Animate the wheels and body so the machine appears to be moving forward;
- Animate at least one of the weapons/gadget attached;
- You can add a VFX, preferably using Unity’s particle system.
3. Create a popup displaying your machine as a purchase offer.
- Make it scalable both vertically and horizontally;
- Include 2 non-scalable buttons;
- Implement it in Unity.
Please enclose your work along with a portfolio link and CV in the same letter.
Since then, Cut the Rope games have been downloaded more than 1,3 billion times. Cut the Rope franchise aside, ZeptoLab released C.A.T.S. Crash Arena Turbo Stars and King of Thieves, massive multiplayer mobile titles with more than 170 million combined downloads so far. The company’s portfolio also includes Pudding Monsters and My Om Nom.
And there’s more to come! ZeptoLab is an ambitious and growing global entertainment brand: we’re constantly working on new games and aim to expand them beyond smartphone screens. With the help of our partners, we develop toys, clothes and other cool stuff. “Om Nom Stories” cartoon series has exceeded 3 billion views on YouTube and in-game player, and the seasons keep coming! Our mission is to bring fun to every corner of the world, and we’re just getting started.