Tech Lead iOS in Barcelona
Delivering innovative digital magazine content on every device in every country.
Zinio / Naviga brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As a pioneer, Zinio operates online web newsstands and award-winning iOS and Android apps, providing access to digital magazines & articles in more than 30 languages, which can be read online and offline on any platform.
Zinio Pro converts print magazines to digital content through a Software as a service (SaaS) platform that transforms PDF to other formats such as XML, ePub or ANF and distributes it to different platforms such as Amazon Kindle, Apple News or Zinio Pro's white label publisher web and mobile apps.
The company has delivered 750M digital magazine editions across more than 8,5k titles from 1.3k publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers.
Zinio is looking for an iOS Tech Lead in their Barcelona office.
As a seasoned Tech Lead, you:
- Know several technologies and which one to use for the right thing. You enjoy building good software and even better if you do it with a wonderful team working together, learning from them, and teaching them alike.
- Enjoy taking on difficult challenges where the limitations are not always necessarily technical, traveling around different teams and priorities.
- Coordinate and synchronize with other teams to be aligned and solve dependencies
- Follow iOS members with 1 to 1 and helping them to grow
- Create technical roadmap with other iOS teammates
- Have experience battling in high-availability, scalable applications, and big complex projects.
- You feel confident leading teams by teaching with example and mentoring best practices, all with a reduced ego and learning attitude.
- Have absolutely zero problems communicating yourself in English.
With that, you will be responsible for our iOS Team (2 iOS Engineers + 1 Software QA Engineer).
What we expect from you:
- At least 5+ years of experience in iOS development using Swift and Cocoa APIs with Xcode.
- +2 years of management experience.
- Team player within an agile team
- Demonstrated experience and an understanding of OOP, Design Patterns, and memory management.
- UIKit Autolayout.
- Experience with modular architectures and Swift Packages.
- Good understanding of VIPER and MVVM architectural patterns.
- Experience with threading and asynchronous code.
- Experience with Unit testing.
- Experience with Fastlane.
- Binary framework (XCFramework) development and distribution is a plus.
- Excellent English communication skills, speaking and writing.
Why you will love working with us:
- We are a technology company, so we invest in technology and our people!
- We lead our sector of activity and are always facing new challenging projects.
- We have a highly skilled team that will let you learn from your colleagues: knowledge sharing is strongly encouraged and lived.
- You will be part of a multicultural team, working with different countries and time zones.
- We have a fun, friendly & international work environment.
- Flexible working hours and availability of either work from home or coming to the office if you are in Barcelona.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan, including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.
- Training budget for teams. Books, meetups, you name it.
We also offer great benefits, including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views and fresh fruit, tea & good (unlimited) coffee.
- Team-building activities.
- Free digital magazines.
New York, NY, USA