In 2018, Holidog decided to face a new challenge: launching Hector Kitchen! Here's how we think: our furry best friends all have specific needs, depending on their age, breed and many other factors, just like us humans. With Hector Kitchen, our bespoke pet-food service, we provide a healthy option with quality ingredients and recipes tailored to your pet’s needs. Hector Kitchen isn’t just a treat for pets, our mission is also to make everyone’s pet-food purchase hassle free.
As Hector Kitchen & Holidog’s IT team, we are the infrastructure that enables us to provide a unique experience for our human customers. Through technology and innovation, we continuously ensure the proper running of our businesses, the best quality experience for our customers and the evolution of our products.
Ready to be a part of the pet-food revolution? Come aboard Hector Kitchen’s IT team!
Hector Kitchen is scaling up and we are looking for driven, data oriented professionals to bring us to the next level and prepare Hector Kitchen to conquer the pet-food market. You are joining the company at a key stage and we are counting on your strategic mindset to understand the big picture and bring in good practices to get us to this next stage in our development.
As Tech Lead / Devops you are bringing solid technical skills to the team and you will play a key role in the IT team and our technological development. You will take responsibility for our infrastructure and contribute to improving architecture in terms of performance, security, scalability, modularity and operational efficiency. Your day to day will consist in:
- Demonstrating DevOps best practices and high standards to improve IT’s efficiency & productivity while keeping a product mindset.
- Writing clean, well-tested and well-refactored code with the team, shipping it into production on a daily basis.
- Testing software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Define and document new requirements based on System Requirements and System design documentation.
- Working with our data team and analysts to improve our software.
- Designing efficient client-side and server-side architectures.
- Building innovative, visually appealing features and frontend applications with a mobile responsive design.
- Writing effective APIs.
- Creating security and data protection settings.
- Troubleshooting, debug and upgrading software.
- Education: Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field.
- Experience: Proven experience as a full stack developer and team lead or similar role. Experience developing desktop and mobile applications. Familiarity with common stacks.
- Database: Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design.
- Excellent communication skills: you are fluent in English. You can communicate efficiently and professionally with your teammates and managers and the company’s stakeholders.
- Project Management: you know how to carry out a project involving several teams, coordinate efforts and deliver high quality work in a timely manner.
- Rigorous: you have an eye for detail and always ensure the highest quality of work.
- Adaptable, organized and efficient: you can adapt to changes, keep up with the demands of an expanding startup and you are comfortable in an agile work environment.
- Ownership: You take responsibility over the mistakes you can make and know how to learn from them.
- Innovator spirit: you can use your analytical skills to be proactive, carry out projects and leave your mark on Hector Kitchen.