At ManoMano, we bet on passionate and innovative people! Are you looking for a great environment to grow professionally and personally ?
Join us in this tremendous adventure !
Launched in 2013, ManoMano is the European leader specialised in DIY, home improvement and gardening online. ManoMano brings together the largest offer of DIY & gardening online products. With more than 3600 seller partners, 10 million products, 7M active customers and 50M unique visitors per month, ManoMano is a disruptor of online home improvement, DIY and gardening across 6 countries : France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Germany, United Kingdom.
ManoMano was valued at $2.6 billion and reached Unicorn status in July 2021 after $725 million raised 8 years after its creation.
ManoMano also works for the pros with ManoManoPro, a unique platform designed to make life easier and free building craftsmen from their daily constraints. Currently in France, Spain and Italy, the BtoB activity saves craftsmen time by revolutionizing their purchasing processes.
We currently are more than 900 Manas & Manos, including a quarter of international talents and 24 nationalities, working in our 4 offices (Paris x2, Bordeaux and Barcelona).
Our vision, as a responsible European B2C and B2B industry leader online, is to offer a unique value proposition on our HI markets, beyond product to services, to be an A Brand. Our ManoMano way of life, within business hypergrowth, is to always keep the human dimension at its right place. Empowering people to responsibly make their own kind of world is our mission.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE 💙
People are at the heart of ManoMano’s culture around our 3 core values : boldness, ingenuity and care.
Be challenged at ManoMano. The Machine Learning team is an applied ML team with a focus on delivery. We’re outcome-oriented: we solve high-impact business problems and deliver value to our users in production.
We are seeking a Staff Machine Learning (ML) Engineer to be part of a team of best-in-class ML practitioners focused on personalization (search and recommender systems) and the quality of our catalog (e.g., product categorization or product attribute extraction).
You’ll be joining a team of top-tier Data Scientists with probably some of the strongest modeling skills in the French Tech Next40. The ML team was instrumental in the growth of ManoMano from the very beginning and is now fully committed to building ML data products on our marketplace in this hypergrowth stage. This is the opportunity to contribute to one of Europe’s highest-valued unicorn companies and tap into one of the largest e-commerce data sets in the world to build the algorithms that power our internal and external products.
We have several roles open across different levels of seniority. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and experience solving tough problems with large datasets.
SCOPE & CHALLENGES
- The Machine Learning team is an applied ML team with a focus on delivery. We’re outcome-oriented: we solve high-impact business problems and deliver value to our users in production.
- We are seeking a Staff Data Scientist to be part of a team of best-in-class ML practitioners focused on personalization (search and recommender systems) and the quality of our catalog (e.g., product categorization or product attribute extraction).The Staff Data Scientist is a technical lead for the team.
- You’ll be joining a team of top-tier Data Scientists with probably some of the strongest modeling skills in the French Tech Next40. The ML team was instrumental in the growth of ManoMano from the very beginning and is now fully committed to building ML data products on our marketplace in this hypergrowth stage. This is the opportunity to contribute to one of Europe’s highest-valued unicorn companies and tap into one of the largest e-commerce data sets in the world to build the algorithms that power our internal and external products.
- We have several roles open across different levels of seniority. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and experience solving tough problems with large datasets.
- We're actively seeking applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
YOUR DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and develop relevant data science modeling methodologies/frameworks to tackle open ended problems and deliver business value
- Provide technical and thought leadership to the team, sharing data science best practices and mentoring junior team members
- Own the ML lifecycle, from experimentation and prototyping to deployment into production pipelines.
- Write production model code and implement algorithms in production.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to gain a deeper understanding of the problem.
- Investigate and fix a production issue from a data product your team owns.
- Partner with software engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders to frame problems, both mathematically and within the business context.
- 5+ years of industry experience applying Machine Learning to business problems and building ML models for production
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering) or equivalent practical experience
- Solid knowledge of Machine Learning theory, statistics, and probabilities
- Strong coding experience in Python and proficiency in SQL. You care about code simplicity and performance
- Strong communicator (oral and written, in English). We’re a remote-first team, so good writing is key. French is not required
- Experience coordinating multiple team members to deliver on complex initiatives
- Growth mindset: love learning and seek challenges
NICE TO HAVE
- Built large-scale production ML models and systems
- Expertise in search, ranking, recommendation systems, information retrieval, natural language processing (NLP), visual recognition, or reinforcement learning (RL)
- Ph.D. degree in a quantitative field
- You are a Kaggle Competitions Expert
- Professional experience in a technology company setting involving a product, an e-commerce platform, or a consumer-facing marketplace
- Experience using data processing (e.g., Apache Spark, Apache Flink, or Apache Beam) or deep learning frameworks (e.g., PyTorch or Tensorflow)
- Strong core computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecting systems)
BENEFITS & PERKS
- A FLEXIBLE WORKING CULTURE 🏡
- Full remote option
- 30 working days vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Disconnection charter
- Friday afternoon… it’s off!
- Intensive working day in August
- Private medical insurance with Axa
- Crafternoons : every Thursday afternoon (share your knowledge, learn from others)Ticket restaurant
- Ticket transportation
- External conferences - organisation of internal and external Meetups
- MM employee discount
- Take care of yourself with our dedicated program with moka.care
- Gym membership with Andjoy
At ManoMano we are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce where each individual can grow.
We respect and value the richness of varied cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our teams which is why we are looking for talented people from all backgrounds.
The information collected on this form is recorded in a file used by ManoMano - Colibri SAS so that we can process your application.
The data is kept for 2 years from the date of your application. You can access your data, rectify it, request its deletion or exercise your right to limit the processing of your data. You can also exercise your right to the portability of your data. Consult the cnil.fr website for more information on your rights.
To exercise these rights or if you have any questions about the processing of your data under this scheme, you can contact our data protection officer by writing to email@example.com.
If, after having contacted us, you feel that your "Data Protection" rights have not been respected, you may submit a complaint to the CNIL.