We’re the Operating System for the Music Industry – a platform that pumps up the jam of every play.
We connect all players of the industry to amplify the value of music. Driven by machine learning and copyright expertise, our system pumps neutral data and authoritative knowledge to everyone along the chain. For those who make or use music, we allow them to plug in to our O.S. to ease operations, increase earnings, and get in sync with everyone else.
Who the FAQ are BMAT
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. We’re now over 160 people, spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janeiro, London, Paris, Nairobi, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Singapore, Tokyo, Manila, Bangkok and Lagos.
We’re a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for innovative technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination.
Join us from wherever you are on our mission to help make music live forever.
We say there’s a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately). Our way of being is always sprinkled with transparency, perseverance, flexibility, open-mindedness and trustworthiness.
What you'll be doing
As part of the Engineering Team, your responsibilities will be to operate, maintain and evolve our platforms.
You will be working on a modular and scalable platform that is connected to both each clients’ systems and a number of other internal BMAT applications, allowing us to efficiently identify, aggregate and report all music usages in real time.
All about you
- At least 6 years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Knowledge in MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB as database management systems
- Lucene and Elasticsearch are our text-search technologies
- Resolutive, creative and clear communication
- Think uncertainty creates opportunity rather than stress
- English: fully proficient or fluent
- Spanish/Catalan a plus
You Can Enjoy
- Flexible working hours and location
- Unlimited time off because we believe that you know best when you need to rest.
- You can make the role your own and run your own development
- Flat hierarchy
- Online language classes to improve your Spanish, Catalan or English
- Online and onsite courses and music industry workshops run by inhouse experts
- We’ll provide you with all equipment needed for you to be comfortable
- Barcelona HQ office available to you, kitted out with a rehearsal room https://www.bmat.com/bmat-house/
Diverse perspectives drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.
50 - 200
We're a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-travelled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination.