FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Messaging is the first and most mature Component in Schibsted, providing common service to more than 20 Schibsted marketplaces worldwide.
Being the most seasoned Component, it generally serves as pioneer or “hero” Component to deliver innovations which might be adopted later by other Components in Schibsted. Team is really experienced and collaborative. Everyone learns from everyone.
The architecture of the solution is complex and has an extensive full stack. The learning curve is challenging but there are plenty of things to learn and work on! There are always new features and fancy experiments to deliver and improve the product, while technical updates and improvements are always in the roadmap too! We love to have the greatest and latest technology.
Relaxed culture, no micromanagement. High degree of professionalism and ownership allows team members to self-organize their work and have a great work-life balance.
Technology: Java8, Kotlin, Linux/MacOS, Travis, Spinnaker, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Kafka, Datadog, Git, JUnit, and many more
- As a Technical Lead you will lead a group of backend developers and guide them to build state of the art systems that have real revenue-generating impact
- You will be an active actor in leading this group of expertised engineers, motivate them and provide your technical expertise and mentoring to make both the people and the product grow
- Engineer and design highly scalable systems, using the best development practices and tools, as well as workflows and automation procedures
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc)
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data integrity) and cost control and optimization of the infrastructure
- Keep on top of the latest and greatest developments in distributed systems and the cloud
- Work closely with other teams (Stakeholders, Product and UX) to drive product development
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions yet pragmatic and committed to code optimisation, maintainability, and quality
- Work closely with other teams (Data Science, Product and UX) at Schibsted to drive product development
- Share expertise with other team/tech leads and be able to drive company global initiatives at scale
- Participate in the recruitment process when needed
- Compelling working experience in a Java 8/JEE/Kotlin/Scala back-end environment (preferably using Agile / Scrum methodology)
- Spring and Spring Boot knowledge is a plus
- You have the talent to find a good balance between coding and leading your team
- Used to play around with web protocols, web servers & application servers in Linux and MacOS environments
- Fluent in the comprehension and use of Object-Oriented design patterns, able to make architectural decisions
- Experience in building and maintaining systems at scale: service discovery, load balancing, secret management, dynamic request routing, circuit breakers and deployment schemes (rolling updates, canary, etc.)
- Experience with high traffic systems and distributed systems and databases
- Development best practices used: Pair programming, code review, clean code, CI/CD preferably with experience in Travis and Spinnaker
- Understands Quality by design, and consistently works with Unit testing, Integration Testing, (JUnit, TestNG)
- Fluent with REST APIs, RPC, and Microservices architecture
- Must show initiative, proactively finding and solving product problems
- You love developing good quality software
- You are open and proactive to discuss different software design alternatives
- Ownership and result oriented person
- Have a team-player spirit, which benefits the group vs the individual
- Good written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills
- Technical and business level English is a must
- Experience with any AMQP technologies
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Cassandra, DynamoDB or MongoDB
- Experience with Kafka and Kafka Streams
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Experience with monitoring tools preferably Grafana
Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
Adevinta company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.