We’re looking for engineers who want to build the navigation platform of the future. Our team maintains and improves a directions API that applies up to the minute telemetry to an ever-changing global map. Our system generates routes on a planet scale graph for millions of users. We need engineers who are wary of the seemingly small issue and able to see the bold change that will take us into the future.
You’ll be helping support the development, maintenance and growth of the infrastructure that powers the Mapbox directions API. Our ideal candidate is process oriented, familiar with distributed computing and high performance http. We’re looking for an adept troubleshooter, comfortable in node.js and bash, but not afraid of the occasional dive into C++, Go, python, or whatever it takes to get to the root of a problem.
We’re looking for
- Cool as a cucumber. You’ll be part of the team that helps support our directions API 24/7/365. You should be cool and effective under pressure, able to think and take action when things are looking bad.
- A tenacious problem-solver. You’re not afraid to touch legacy code and fix bugs. Conversely, you also come up with novel solutions to new scaling problems that don’t have an apparent or obvious answer.
- A wise coder. You recognize when situations demand you craft new abstractions with complex interactions and when it’s better to hold back and stick with the simple solution that can get the job done.
- A lifelong learner. The best solutions require continued exploration and fearless learning. You aren’t afraid to read upstream code, explore undocumented behavior and question your own assumptions.
Click apply and include:
- A note telling us why you’re interested in this position and Mapbox.
- Examples of your work: link to your GitHub page, to projects you’ve finished, or to your website. Otherwise, feel free to send us non-public samples directly.
- Your résumé
Sound interesting, but not sure you tick all the boxes? Please apply - we emphasize teaching and learning at Mapbox, and there’s tons of room to grow.
We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team. We encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!