Stuart (Geopost) is the leading eco-friendly delivery company that connects retailers and e-merchants to a fleet of geo-localised couriers on bike, electrical mopeds, natural-gas vehicles but also pedestrians. Our mission: Logistics for a sustainable world: shared, efficient and reliable, as conscious consumers value more and more environmental responsibility besides speed of delivery and convenience.
We are a melting-pot of 400 people of 40+ different nationalities across France, the UK, Spain, and most recently: Poland! In 2020 we doubled in size and continue to grow strong.
Thanks to our business-to-business (B2B) applications, we empower 2000+ companies such as Carrefour, Zalando, Nike, Monoprix, Decathlon, Apple, Just Eat... by providing same-day delivery, next-day delivery and return solutions. We deliver all types of goods: Food, Grocery, Retail, Pharma, etc.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Systems Engineer / DevOps who will focus on automation and optimization of the platform's development management lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to work fully REMOTE if you want to!
Our infrastructure in AWS is managed, among others, with Terraform, Ansible, Consul, Vault, Packer, Docker, Git(Hub), Python, Spinnaker and Jenkins.
You will report to our Head of DevOps Davide and be part of a team of 8 Senior & Junior DevOps Engineers based in Spain.
- Build tools to deploy, monitor and maintain our highly available, mission-critical cloud infrastructure, defining everything as code (this includes pipelines, templates and scripting in different languages). Probably not during your first month, but it will happen 😀
- Work with our senior engineers to continue improving the infrastructure, making it more scalable and easy to update and maintain.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
- Be available for extra paid on-duty shifts (don’t worry, once you are confident enough).
- Write useful documentation in your own projects. 🌈 Add to our amazing company culture that you can uncover here.
Some of the specific challenges you will tackle
- Handle variable load patterns and rapidly increasing demand through elastic system design.
- Help us moving to a full multi-account architecture in AWS
- Bring our CD pipelines to the next level with the use of automated canaries and trunk-based deployments.
- Manage our increasing number of Kubernetes clusters.
- Be part of our vertically integrated “ships” teams, focused on delivering great technical products for Stuart.
- Background in Linux administration and scripting in bash or python.
- Already worked in the cloud, even if not in a mission-critical way.
- Previous experience with IaaC and config management tools. We use Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience with Docker and ideally knowledge of Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available mission-critical service.
- A strong will to learn new things and share knowledge with junior peers.
- We don’t expect you to know everything: attitude and willingness to learn are the keys 😉
- Great compensation package - depending on your technical skills salary between 40000 - 52000 euros gross per year
- Good work-life balance: (full) remote options, flexible hours
- Learning and training opportunities, mentorship, access to Tech conferences, individual budget training...
- Tangible career development possibilities as we grow strong 🚀
- Meal vouchers - Tickets restaurant
- Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class
- Excellent private medical insurance
- Transparency around salaries and career progression
- Team-Buildings, regular events, engineering off-sites, global offsite (Ibiza in 2019)
After reading all this, just a few last but important words: we want you to take on a role you love and we want you to come to a place you’re proud and happy to work every day 💙!
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Stuart mission is to become the on-demand delivery leader in every supercity of the world through a simpler, quicker and cheaper transportation model.
From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation managers… Stuart strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team. They operate from their headquarters in Barcelona, as in Paris, Brussels, London and Berlin, the first cities they'll ride through.
Co-Founded in 2015 by D. Leca (Sparrow founder acquired by Google in 2012), Stuart is now backed by great entrepreneurs such as J.D. Blanc (Allociné), J.A. Granjon (Vente-privee.com) and O. Mathiot (PriceMinister), with a total investment of €22 million.