The team at Kodify is looking for a System Administrator to join our team. This position is open to remote candidates as well as those based in Barcelona (a plus!). You will form part of a newly formed SysAdmin team, joining another two on a quest to make our servers and systems the most safe, functional and robust to date. You will work alongside two cross-functional teams, dedicated to different Kodify products. They work with different tech stacks that bring an interesting set of technical challenges to overcome. With a new SysAdmin team on board, we’re looking to bring a more unified systems architecture across our products.
- Maintain and support the web servers and system operations for stability and security
- Configure and install the servers and continuously work on improving system’s performance
- Configuration, deployment, administration, monitoring and analysis of application services and systems
- Investigate, research and update our systems to the latest architecture solutions
- Improve functionality of the system platform and tools
- Maintain the on-call system rotation. Check logs for errors with systems and servers; create alerts for developers
- 3-4 years of experience in Linux- based web server and system administration
- Operational AWS experience: EC2, Autoscaling, CloudFormation
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools: (Pagerduty, NewRelic, Loggly, Wormly, Graphite)
- Knowledge of orchestration tools (Chef, Fabric, Ansible)
- Experience with Testing tools (Jenkins, Travis, Codeship...)
- ElasticSearch, MongoDB
- MySQL, Aurora
- Confident on the command line - Python, Bash
- Fluent English level.
Bonus knowledge points:
- Knowledge and experience in Git and Docker - major plus!
- Experience with Lambda functions and CodeDeploy
- ZeroMQ (plus)
- Microservices Architecture
- Container orchestration tools (kubernetes, swarm, mesos)
- CDNs/cache (cloudflare, cloudfront...)
- Experience managing high traffic websites.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- You’re a real team player. You love to help and find solutions together.
- Your sense of humour will bring a new dynamic to the team - you love to have fun while you work!
- You can think on your feet and adapt well to fast changing environments and priorities.
- You love analysing data. You’re a complexity thinker and a real problem solver.
- You’re flexible and available when needed. You understand emergency calls can be part of the job and are aware of the challenges supporting a 24/7 environment.
- You stay updated on industry developments and strive to improve our platform with innovative solutions.