Do you want to help us shape what the future of work will look like and how it will best embrace our life's aspirations? If this sounds like a journey you want to embark on, we may have the right role for you!
PayFit is an intuitive cloud-based payroll and employee management solution designed specifically for SMBs. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to simplify payroll for SMBs and enable employers and employees to grow together. We are a European company operating from 3 main countries (France, Spain, and the UK) where we are supporting over 9500 clients.
Creating a fulfilling work environment and culture is also a core mission at PayFit, and our day-to-day work philosophy is reflected in our four values:
We genuinely care for others whoever they are, whatever they think.
We aim to improve and achieve better results every day.
Staying humble and exchanging transparent feedback helps us to grow and improve.
We are the architects of PayFit's success.
A key part of our culture, and essential for our success, is also improving the diversity of our teams and building an inclusive culture where you can be yourself at work.
This is why our recruitment focuses on the skills you demonstrate, and not only on your academic background or previous professional experiences. At PayFit we understand that you can gain applicable skills through a variety of life experiences and we are interested in knowing them, too.
A brief overview of the Software Platform Team
Our mission is to deliver standardised common bricks that empower teams to build a Payroll & HR SaaS suite SMBs, entrepreneurs and ecosystem partners love, ensuring accuracy, compliance and sustainability. This involves collaborations across the whole engineering organisation.
We do so through empowered, autonomous teams with clear ownership. We believe in the teams and their members' ability to make informed decisions and deliver exceptional results. With knowledgeable and passionate members striving for excellence and sharing and learning from all experts in the team. Join our team to work together towards a common goal and create a meaningful impact by building a meaningful product for our users.
A brief overview of our day-to-day stack:
- Technical stack: Node.js, TypeScript, React, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, SAM, CloudFormation, Helm, serverless, …
- Code collaboration: GitHub, CircleCI
- Project management and knowledge: JIRA, Notion, Miro, Google Docs
- Communication: Gather, Slack, Zoom
What will be your role?
Your will drive evolution of PayFit’s SaaS architecture and empower teams to build a sustainable product, and promote innovation.
- Leading critical cross-functional initiatives with a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills, and a sense of ownership.
- Building a culture of technical excellence: data-driven decisions, best practices, incremental delivery, continuous improvements, reliability, observability, and ownership.
- Mentoring and training your peers on design techniques and coding standards, and to cultivate innovation and collaboration across multiple teams.
- Think, design, and drive the evolution of PayFit’s architecture and system
This job has been tailored for you if you have the following qualities:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- You are experienced in software development, specifically in cloud architecture, systems design, distributed systems, observability and reliability practices. Experience in large scale SaaS architecture is a plus
- You are experienced in Domain Driven Design, Hexagonal Architecture, Systems Design, Event Driven Architecture, Command and Query Responsibility Segregation, Circuit Breakers and other distributed systems patterns experience
- You promote early risks identification and have a impact-centric approach
- You are experienced on and embrace the evolution of systems
- You are a doer with a creative force and a high attention to detail: strive for the highest quality with an iterative approach mindset
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- You are receptive to feedback, to be mentored and to mentor others. We're caring and make sure everyone can grow. You will be empowered. You will empower others
- You strive to understand, synthesize, and communicate complex technical concepts and business problems
- You speak English fluently and you want to work in an international and dynamic environment
1️. Meeting a member from the Talent Acquisition team (30-45 min)
2. Meeting our Hiring Manager, Arnaud (30 min)
3. Coding interview (at home or live coding) :
4️. System design interview picked over two types: distributed system and web architecture
5️. Meet Dylan, PM of the squad (45 min)
6. Meet Damian, Engineering Director of the tribe
What we offer
Flexibility: We believe that to produce your best work and to be fulfilled, you should be free to choose what working arrangements suit you best. You can work from any place within your country (France, Spain or the UK).
Learning & Development: In PayFit we have a great learning platform where you can learn new skills everyday with the support of our company. We also have English language courses to improve your business communication vocabulary and get to the next level.
Career Development: We want you to progress and be free to choose which direction you want to grow. There are also opportunities for internal moves.
Health promotion: Gym membership conditions depending on country and 4 paid sessions with a mental health practitioner and online support with Moka Care.
Health insurance: with conditions depending on the country.
Meals: Restaurant tickets.
Home office budget: To help you get set up in the best conditions. A MacBook as our standard working tool.
Disability Inclusion: All of our positions are open to any person living with a disability. To guarantee equal treatment and opportunities, we will take, based on individual needs, appropriate measures to adapt the work conditions of PayFiters with disabilities, and if needed also during the recruitment process. Please let us know what you need and we will do our best to accommodate!