bloomon turns the traditional flower industry on its head with a unique style, ultra fresh flowers from our growers and personal delivery to our customers. The flower sector is huge with over €50 billion in annual turnover but 99% of the sector still operates offline. bloomon is driving the shift to online.
Our company and team are expanding rapidly. With an international team of over 80 highly motivated and ambitious people we are active in five countries. bloomon has its main office in Amsterdam, but also operates out of Berlin, London and Taiwan.
The bloomon team consists of seasoned e-commerce experts (ex-Rocket Internet) as well as strategy-consultants (The Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey, SparkOptimus), and has raised funding from renowned VCs as well as international entrepreneurs. Our IT team has built an in-house subscription based ecommerce platform with an independent API server that can be coupled with any interface.
As Sr. Full Stack web developer you will have a large role in designing and delivering new software features, and in creating and maintaining our existing web applications. Together with your team you will translate our customer wishes into new and improved web applications, always maintaining a balance between the business requirements, user experience, quality and delivery of working software.
Are you up for this challenge? Keep on reading!
You will be a key member of our IT team that builds scalable solutions for our software. You are responsible for designing, realising, testing and implementing new and improved web applications. You enjoy working with new techniques and are able to make the impossible possible through your programming skills.
- Creation and maintenance of web applications
- Design, code and test new features
- Incident management and bug fixing in existing software
- Perform code reviews for your peer developers, and provide feedback when applicable
- Coach and share your experience with your team
- Implementing a new gifting system based on wireframes and designs
- A flexible promotion codes system for sales teams in Europe
- Forecasting upcoming deliveries for operation teams
- Setting up a database optimized for analytics rather than transactions
- Sync database users with external APIs, such as our CRM system
We are looking for an experienced and talented full-stack software developer, who feels at home in a rapidly evolving, fast paced environment and get’s thrilled by tackling complex problems and requests. Your experience enables you to pitch and implement innovative ideas for the further development of your platform and you are able to quickly grasp and adopt new techniques.
At least 4 years of working experience in full-stack web development
Experience designing maintainable code architecture
Strong background in fundamental programming (e.g. must have good understanding of the difference between declarative programming over imperative programming as well as a deep understanding on what is functional programming)
- React.js and redux
- ES6 / Babel with webpack
- Laravel / PHP
- React sagas
- CSS precompilation such as PostCSS, SCSS, Less, or others
- Grid layouts based on e.g. react-flexbox-grid or Bootstrap
- Unit and behavioral testing
- Jenkins, TravisCI, Docker
What do we offer:
Joining us will be challenging and rewarding. A unique opportunity to take a large role in further developing our software in a fast growing, entrepreneurial environment. You will gain the broadest experience and will work together with skilled developers and business experts. We offer an attractive compensation package.
Are you up for this challenge?
We welcome you to upload your application, ultimately by December 31, 2016.