Job DescriptionFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are currently seeking a Solutions Engineer to join our Global Professional Services team in Western Europe,, focusing on Enterprise Merchants. This role is based in our Amsterdam office. The Solutions Engineer plays a pivotal role in enabling our growth and innovation agenda - partnering with merchants, partners and technology providers. Working alongside our Commercial Sales and Business Development teams, the Solutions Engineer provides technical consultancy to enable PayPal’s diverse product set within these environments. The Solutions Engineer is the "voice of the customer" providing feedback to Product Managers, Technology, and other internal groups to provide technical solutions and define new function/feature needs. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-learner, passionate about problem solving and creating delightful experiences for our customers. This job requires travel within the region.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Consulting with our external clients to understand their business priorities, operational challenges and technical infrastructure, and propose technical solutions which solve for their needs
- Develop best-in-class solution designs, test cases and launch plans for opportunities
- Partner with our integration engineering teams and oversee the enablement of new client integrations
- Collaborate closely with internal teams including compliance, risk, information security, customer support and business operations to ensure all aspects of the launch are effectively managed
- Identify any product/functionality gaps required to deliver a solution and collaborate with internal product and technology teams to define the necessary enhancements to support successful delivery.
- Prior experience working as a Solutions Engineer, Technical Pre-sales Engineer or Solutions Architect
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder at the C-level with the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Creative thinker and experienced at understanding client’s pain points
- Highly skilled at applying consultative methodologies and techniques to influence solution design and solve integration pain points
- Ability to manage multiple projects running on parallel timelines, and to work and collaborate in a global and remote environment
- Prior experience within the payment’s industry will be highly regarded
- Mentor junior team members as a senior technical and sales consultation leader (passive to active voice)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Sound knowledge of online payment processing across web, mobile app, and in store
- Ideal candidate will have experience in working with enterprise organizations - preferably retailers, ecommerce, shopping carts and payment gateways.
- Experience with system discovery process, requirements gathering and systems architecture
- Fluency in English is required. Additional languages are a plus
Our GPS Culture
We deliver great solutions to our customers, merchants and partners: our customer-centric team brings creative and technical skills together to craft solutions for our customers across the globe.
We drive innovation with a diverse team: with offices around the globe, GPS is dedicated to championing PayPal's core values of inclusion and innovation to empower all employees to learn and grow.
We help each other through active collaboration, mentorship programs and global initiatives. Our diversity is our strength.
We give back: GPS's Social Innovation programs have a positive impact on the community and help to develop a culture around the act of giving back, one team, and growth.
- A dynamic environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Excellent perks like generous leave policies and sabbatical after 5 years
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in PayPal’s success
- Excellent wellness benefits
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.