Whisbi's enterprise conversational sales platform connects online customers with chatbots and omnichannel agents. The company has unparalleled experience working with global enterprises in telecommunications, automotive, travel, insurance and banking. As the chosen partner for some of the world's biggest brands, such as Verizon and Hyundai in the USA, Whisbi plays a crucial role in omni-lead strategies that boost online sales through customer experience. Whisbi's industry-specific insights, workflow customization and AI-powered services have helped its customers to increase their online sales conversion rate tenfold and double their cross-selling.
To cut to the chase, this is what we do:
About the team
The Whisbi Engineering team is made of talented and experienced developers and is responsible for the development of the Whisbi Platform. We are working closely with the Product team, iterating quickly and constantly to improve our product and create new solutions for our Clients.
Quick overview of our tech stack
- Angular front-ends for Web browsers
- Flutter apps for mobile devices
- NodeJS + TypeScript microservices running on a Docker infrastructure in the Cloud
- And could not be otherwise some legacy code in C++ and C#
What you'll be doing on the team
In the first month, you will:
- Get familiar with the Whisbi Platform and its features
- Learn the basics of the internal workings and architecture of the platform
- Understand the working processes of the Engineering team and how we collaborate with the other teams
- Integrate the Back-end chapter and learn the coding guidelines and quality standards
- Collaborate with our engineers to discuss and validate functional requirements.
- Take part in designing the software architecture of new features and products
By month 3, you will:
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of the products architecture, their limitations, bugs, APIs and respective roadmaps
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team
- Share your knowledge of unit & functional testing with the rest of the Engineering team
- Promote the use of TDD in the development process
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors moderately complex programs/scripts.
- Applies agreed on standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Collaborates in reviews of work with others as appropriate.
By month 6, you will:
- Work out the technical design of challenging new features in our software. You take into account all desired functionalities but also create a vision towards future extensions and robustness.
- Play a key role in defining and guarding the overall architecture and design of our applications. Based on your experience and know-how, you act as an expert for several development projects.
- Contributes to the development of solution architectures in a specific business, infrastructure or functional area. Identifies and evaluates alternative architectures and the trade-offs in cost, performance, and scalability.
- Produces specifications of cloud-based or on-premises components, tiers, and interfaces, for translation into detailed designs using selected services and products.
- Solution architect with a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, of which 2 years in design within IT architecture and development (microservices oriented architecture desirable).
- You have solid experience in designing software architecture and developing back-ends and front-ends
- Hands-on coding experience in front-ends with back-ends with NodeJS, possibly using TypeScript.
- Previous experience in Cloud native design and development ( AWS, Azure or IBM platform desirable).
- Experience in all application layers, infrastructure, and databases creating end-to-end solutions.
- Knowledge in Extensible ‘admin’ architecture
- Knowledge in Event-Driven architecture
- Continuous Integration solution (Jenkins)
- knowledge of REST architectural style and HTTP protocol. Unit and functional testing in NodeJS and Angular
- Principles of Quality Assurance in software development
- Scrum Methodology
Be familiar with:
- DevOps principles (knowledge of Docker desirable)
- Messaging components (Kafka desirable)
- Big Data technologies
- Startup ecosystem
We can offer you a great culture and the following perks:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible compensation plan with tax-free benefits
- Career progression opportunities
- Year-long online training platform
- Flexible & remote work options
- Gym sponsorship
- Sunny rooftop terrace in the center of Barcelona
- 23 days holiday - you choose when to enjoy them
- Yoga classes in our terrace
- Fun environment & team: pool table, company events, celebrations, etc.
- English & Spanish lessons
- Fresh organic fruit daily
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Nespresso coffee, or tea if you prefer :)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.