Position in Tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain.
We develop comms products used by thousands of developers around the world and we are hiring experienced Software R&D Manager to lead a team for our R&D projects.
eProsima develops high-performance middleware designed for critical and real-time systems and widely used in robotics, targeting cool applications such as Autonomous Cars, Drones, Hospital Robots, smart manufacturing, automated logistics, and it is the middleware powering ROS, the Robot Operating System.
eProsima follows an Open Source model. We get fundings and contributions from very important companies such as Amazon, ARM, APEX.AI, Bosch, Clearpath, OSRF, INDRA, Thales..., and also R&D funding from government agencies such as the European Commission and Spanish Ministry of Industry.
- Coordinate Public Funded Projects: Plan Tasks, Partner meetings, Financial reporting, Dissemination of results
- Help writing R&D proposals (H2020 & National)
- Coordinate internal team resources
- Focus on delivering product scope on time with the required level of quality & stability
- Play a leading role in the agile processes of the team as the Scrum master
- Guide individual engineers in their research, design, implementation, validation, and maintenance of the software
- People development according to mid and long term team and company vision
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary software product team and engage in technical discussions in a creative, interactive and dynamic team-based environment
- Report directly to the CEO
- Experience writing (and winning) R&D proposals (Mandatory Requirement)
- Experience coordinating H2020 projects
- Experience managing teams working with modern software methodologies including but not limited to:
- The systematic unit, integration, and quality testing
- Continuous integration
- Source control and systematic peer code-review
- Scrum, Kanban or similar agile processes
- Strong experience in delivering software releases for company external customers
- Excellent knowledge of agile methodologies
- Efficient and direct communication style. Ease at communicating with engineers and partners
- Comfortable moderating meetings
- Experience in embedded systems and real-time applications
- Fluent in C/C
- Ability to deliver pragmatic solutions, value simplicity
- Reliable, organized and proactive
- A team-first mindset
- Fluent English communication skills, spoken and written
- Able to travel on some occasions
DESIRED EXTRA QUALIFICATIONS:
- Middleware and protocols, mainly DDS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Flexible working schedule and home office every Friday!
- Competitive salary: We are looking for the best!
- International environment