We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our team based in Alcobendas (Madrid), a proactive, self-driven professional we can trust with the rigorous task of ensuring our projects and services are running as effectively and efficiently as possible. The Operations Manager will work with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure seamless coordination, and ultimately contribute to the strategic development of the company’s day-to-day operations. This is an ideal position for motivated individuals looking for a diverse, fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality. In short, the Operations Manager must ensure that code will be safely released to production.
- Conduct production readiness reviews, quality, security and production deployment Go/No-Go discussions.
- Define quality gates from development to production, quality thresholds, and the gradual exposure path
- Be accountable for the Quality of Service, performance and SLAs with relevant KPIs definition and follow up.
- Be a pivotal role working across the business to provide effective communication on software development matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between different teams, third party providers and clients
- Owner of the Incident and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- Troubleshooting coordination across different teams, working closely with Product Managers & Technical Leads
- Listen to the customers' needs (internal & external) and respond accordingly in the best and calm way possible
- Project management activities to ensure that any existing or new products are rolled out successfully within tight time constraints.
What You’ll Bring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (required English, other languages will be a plus)
- Familiar with relevant software developments best practices and SDLC
- Familiar with a variety of technologies
- Knowledge of service management tools as Atlassian Jira ticketing system
- Knowledge of systems monitoring tools and Centralized Logs Management solutions (Icinga, New Relic, Kibana, Graylog, Grafana)
- Passion for Service Improvement
- Experienced Project and/or Service Management professional
- Demonstrable experience in leading remote and local teams
- Experience of managing 3rd party providers and 3rd party delivered services
- Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- Familiar with Agile frameworks
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivation and able to take responsibility
- Able to manage and prioritize tasks
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company’s needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary, to meet business needs.