As a React Native developer at Boomr you’ll be responsible for engineering features for our iOS and Android mobile apps as well as working on bug fixes and product stability. You’ll have enormous opportunity to build upon a solid, progressive tech foundation and create some amazing customer experiences. (Some of the things on our short-term roadmap include full offline support, improved real-time functionality and advanced geofencing.)
You will be working alongside a California-based app development team, and will participate in daily stand-up meetings, weekly sprint planning, and peer review with other developers on the team.
Strong quality and process-based development are big part of our company culture. We use test-driven development, code linters, continuous integration, pull requests and Github team review tools to ensure strong code quality and best practices from the beginning to the end of a project.
- Maintain app codebase to stay up to date with latest React Native developments
- Ensure continuous compatibility between Android and iOS platforms
- Maintain compatibility with Boomr’s cloud-based REST API as well as our real-time Firebase database
- Write jest-based tests for action creators, reducers and components. We seek to arrive at 85% code coverage in the near future
- Develop offline support within the app
- Explore opportunities for platform-specific native improvements
- Work on shared feature development initiatives between the Ruby on Rails web team and the mobile app development team
- BA/BS preferred or equivalent work experience with demonstrated proficiency
- 3+ years experience working in React Native
- Strong competency in redux, redux-thunk
- Firebase or GraphQL (real time / offline database concepts)
- Strong competency in ES6 and JSX
- Excellence in automated testing using Jest or other testing framework compatible with React Native
- Knowledge of OAuth 2.0 and RESTful web APIs
- Working knowledge of git-based team workflows
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus
- Expertise in both Android and iOS-specific user experience patterns
If you’re interested in joining our creative, ambitious and fun team, please send a cover letter and your resume here:
Your time at Boomr will be some of the most important work you ever do. It has the potential to change the course of your career in an exciting and unreplicable way. Join our rocketship!
We can’t wait to meet you.
Boomr builds innovative time tracking software that saves businesses time and money. Our cloud-based solutions enable mobile workforces around the globe to operate with greater accountability and efficiency by monitoring and automating employee work hours, project tracking, and overall organizational performance.
We have assembled a passionate team of designers, technology enthusiasts and creators that are committed to building Boomr to be the most innovative employee time tracking platform in the world. Our team cares deeply about user experience, delivering quality products to our customers and positioning our business for long term success. We also love what we do and treasure every step of the journey!