Engineering at streetkickers
At streetkickers we want to change the career path of amateur
football players and help them reach a professional level. How can we do
We want to build the ultimate football training app featuring professional training content and personalized workouts for young players around the world. The players are part of a global community of football players and enthusiasts where they can improve, share and benchmark their skills.
Join the streetkickers team and help us fulfill the dreams of young football players around the world!
What will you do?
You will work directly with the CTO and be responsible for the streetkickers user experience for the Android and iOS platforms. You will prototype new ideas, design features, and contribute with best-in class programming skills to develop a highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile product.
In the long term you will be responsible for building, managing and mentoring
the Mobile Team at streetkickers.
Who are we looking for?
- 5+ years of relevant experience in mobile development (Android and/or iOS)
- 2+ years building Android applications in Java using Android SDK
- A collaborative spirit and desire to work and improve with other human beings
- Solid test driven design and development (functional, integration, unit and smoke tests)
- Experience in understanding large code bases, including API design techniques to help keeping them maintainable
- Knowledge on UI and UX design principles and making apps work intuitively
- Experience with caching mechanisms and mobile application performance
What you will work with
- React Native for faster iterations, using Native Modules for computer vision features
- Test driven design and development using Jest and Cavy
- RESTful APIs built with Ruby/Python and PostgreSQL, including functional test suites
- AWS cloud infrastructure automated with Terraform, Packer and Docker
Continuous Integration and Deployment using Jenkins (Pipeline as Code)
Nice to haves
- BSc or MSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field of study
- 1+ years managing a team of 3 to 5 engineers in an agile environment
- Experience with React Native or React
- Experience with OpenCV and TensorFlow
- Amateur or professional football training experience
What we offer
- The opportunity to disrupt the amateur football industry
- Flexible working hours and possibility of doing home office twice a week
- 26 vacation days
- Team events and afterwork gatherings
- Open and transparent company culture
- A friendly team of colleagues that encourage diversity (so far we have german, egyptian and portuguese nationals)
Health & Fitness