Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
This role is directly responsible for designing and implementing one of the most important features in Medallia and this comes with significant responsibility. You will design and develop some of the core security features and help architect the security capabilities using modern design approaches including backend RESTful services to provide access to the resources build tracking, monitoring and report systems for the resources. Your challenge is to work in a very dynamic environment through collaboration, design reviews with Architects etc.
More Specifically, you will:
- Responsible for designing and implementing some of the core security features in Medallia and help architect the security capabilities using modern design approaches.
- Shipping great software that is highly performant, scalable and robust.
- Drive the technical roadmap and definition and help the team prioritize and plan.
- Identify gaps in knowledge, tools, and process and work with your manager & PM to address those.
- Work in small teams with like-minded engineers in an agile environment with daily standups, demo days, code reviews and research spikes.
- Partner closely with dependent teams across engineering to ensure collaboration and uninterrupted service.
- +2 years of experience in Java.
- Experience building distributed systems/enterprise systems on a modern stack.
- Demonstrate strong software engineering fundamentals and agile process experience with an ability to work in fast-paced and distributed teams.
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, Web browsers. Knowledge of Linux internals/Experience developing system services for Linux.
Nice to Have:
- Hands-on experience developing and diagnosing for security, performance, and scalability.
- Experience Cryptography and key management.
- Experience in developing or integrating federated identity solutions using SAML, OAuth, OpenID.
- Understanding and experience working with TLS, OpenSSL.
- Fluent user/sysadmin of the Linux operating system, Docker, VMs, AWS.
- Experience in developing with JAX-RS, JDBC, Servlets, any ORM technology, MVC, JNDI.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.