Ohpen has been named one of the hottest startups by Wired Magazine. Join our new Barcelona office, and start working on our ruthlessly efficient, cloud-based core banking engine. Do career-defining work and join the sharpest minds in the business as we write the future of banking and the end of legacy infrastructure.
We have chosen a Serverless path for our engineers towards frictionless engineering. We lead today and the future of core banking.
As a Software Engineer, your mission is to build the best, high-quality software out there. With agile software development, Ohpen Style, together we will build our cloud-based core banking engine and all microservices it consists of.
Together with your multidisciplinary DevOps team, you will set up technical specifications and create testable, clearly documented solutions using Domain Driven Design and software design patterns.
Our services will be deployed fit-for-purpose in containers, on IIS runtimes, or as Lambda functions. Next, we use many of the AWS managed services such as API Gateway, Athena, SNS/SQS, Kinesis, Amplify, and we also explore the benefits of the CDK in building out stacks.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience developing in C# / .NET and you dream SOLID;
- You know your way with .NET Core up to 3.0, WCF and API driven design;
- You have working experience with/a huge interest in AWS, Developing Cloud Systems, Jenkins;
- You have built complex systems, also using services deployed as Lambda functions, then you would have a huge advantage;
- You are prepared for developing in a highly regulated space;
- You score bonus point if you have experience with Agile and DevOps processes.
- You will be expected to take initiative and responsibility: others will look at you to lead, not follow;
- A proclivity for accuracy is not enough: we need you to be obsessed by it;
- As much as the quality of our platform, it is the caliber and commitment of our people, our customers buy into. We’ll need you to exceed their expectations: great here is not good enough.
- To us, your health matters. Take a break from work and join us in our weekly yoga and crossfit sessions;
- We didn’t start Ohpen to be just another company. We started Ohpen to be amazing. You will be exposed to an unrivalled mix of talents and specialisations;
- Our Barcelona office is still new. As we continue to grow, you'll have the opportunity to make a huge impact on our business;
- Be at the forefront of FinTech and see your software in action, used in the real world by millions of people;
- Work from a beautiful office where Passeig de Gracia meets Diagonal.