FilledThis offer is not available anymore
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
What will you be doing?
We’re looking for an exceptional Software Engineer (Monitor Squad)
According to the World Health Organisation, 60% of all deaths are due to chronic diseases and expected to cost the world economy $47 trillion by 2030. The Health Management tribe is passionate about supporting members take the necessary steps in their lives to prevent or manage chronic conditions.
We have two exciting areas we are working on, our new Monitor product which helps change members health habits and our new at home Blood Kits.
We write our microservices in Java 11 and Scala and deploy with Kubernetes. We make use of PostgreSQL for datastore and Kafka for streaming. We are a cross functional team with plenty of opportunities to gain exposure to other tech stacks including iOS (Swift) and Android (Kotlin). We make use of reactive and functional programming principles.
Autonomy and ownership are important values in the Monitor squad, as an engineer you will work closely with users, product, A.I research and design to deliver the best possible experience for our members.
We look forward to hearing from you. A few quick notes on basic requirements to consider before you apply.
Key Skills Required
- You can demonstrate solid coding skills in Java or Scala
- You have experience in functional and reactive programming
- You apply bullet proof system design skills with a track record of working on scalable architectures
- You have worked extensively with microservices and REST APIs
- Experience working with asynchronous event-based applications (ideally with Kafka)
- You have worked with a variety of datastores both SQL (such as Postgres or similar) and NoSQL (such as Cassandra or similar)
- You ensure quality is paramount, and can write unit, integration and performance tests in your sleep
- You take full ownership of the development lifecycle with experience in DevOps and continuous integration
- You are open to lending a hand as a full stack developer, collaborating closely with iOS and Android engineers
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching engineers of mixed levels
- You are enthusiastic and full of positive energy.
- You love bringing people along for the ride, sharing your knowledge and experience.
- You don't mind changing direction because being agile is in your genes.
- You are always open to new ideas from team members and love bringing new ideas to the table.
Qualifications and Experience
- BA and/or MSc Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Substantial experience in developing robust, scalable and production grade applications on the JVM
- Competitive salary package including share scheme
- Free Babylon for you, your family and friends
- Central office location in the heart of the city
- Free healthy breakfast, and snacks
- On site table football, games consoles and board game nights
- Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment
- A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
- Free weekly yoga
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- BUPA health and life insurance
About Babylon Health
Babylon Health company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.