Worldsensing products have been pioneering the industrial IoT since 2008. We’re looking for an outstanding Software Engineer to join the Engineering team in our Barcelona office.
Founded in 2008, Worldsensing works with more than 200 engineering service providers worldwide to help them improve geotechnical, geospatial and structural monitoring in mining, construction, rail and critical infrastructure management.
With over 1,000 networks deployed worldwide and connecting over 65,000 sensors to the Internet of Things, our Loadsensing product is the leader in the IoT remote monitoring space. The Loadsensing monitoring solution includes best-in-class edge devices, LoRa-based wireless connectivity and a cloud-based connectivity management platform. We also join forces with key industry players to offer software applications and solutions which engineering service providers use to add value to end customers.
Key data about the role:
Reports to: Devices Team Lead
Hybrid working environment
We are looking for a developer responsible for the development and maintenance of our Loadsensing mobile application and other products of the company. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential. Also collaborating with other teams within the company to build software for embedded applications.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Keep documentation up to date and delivered to quality standards
- 3+ years experience of Android SDK and different versions of Android (Java)
- 2+ years experience of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Python experience is a plus
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiar with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiar with continuous integration
- Engineering degree is a plus
- rxJava experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, focus on results, promoting efficiency and continuous improvement
- Proactivity and autonomy
- Ability to adapt to multicultural environment with good interpersonal relationships
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Great work environment: we are a passionate, tight-knit team hailing from 20+ countries
- We are a family-friendly company and support a healthy work-life balance, we’re outcome oriented
- You will work remotely while the COVID situation persists
- We like grabbing lunch or a drink together, and coming together for fun events organized by Worldsensing (COVID-permitting)
- We love to learn and we love to share so you will actively participate in our knowledge sharing initiatives or transversal committees (communities, show and tell, etc.)
- You can expect a competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping and pioneering the Industrial Internet
*Hybrid working environment
At Worldsensing, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.