We are seeking competitive, ambitious, positive, bright, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial, high-spirited and technical skilled Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team in our awesome headquarters in Madrid, Spain.
Why do we love Software Engineers and what do we want to do?
Spotahome is revolutionizing the way people rent housing and as we have much to develop and improve, we believe that Software Engineers are the Architects of success. We are one of the fastest growing startups in Europe. Spotahome is an online marketplace that offers everyone in the world the most comprehensive listings of apartments, rooms, and student housing in their city of destination. We personally check thousands of rooms taking professional photography, making cool HD video tours, and designing floor plans of each accommodation so potential tenants can securely book a whole apartment or rent an individual room in a flat or a student residence all from the comfort of their couch! Forget about local real estate agents forever!
Since launched in 2014, our revolutionary idea has led to a nationwide expansion to 6 cities in Spain and internationally to other cities in Italy, Belgium, Ireland, France, United Kingdom, Germany, Austria and United Arab Emirates, with more countries and cities in the pipeline! Do you want to help build the solution to expand to more than 100 countries? With Spotahome, the world is yours. We are backed by top investors from Silicon Valley and UK including the backers of Trivago acquired by Expedia in 2013, the people behind Momondo Group, Last.fm, Seedcamp, Last Second Tickets, among others. We formed a company of more than 180 people in a short period of time and have had an incredible growth with thousands of rooms listed on our site. Join our cool offices in the center of Madrid!.
You will be joining and forming a part of our Product Team along with our CTO, VP of Engineering and the rest of our highly talented and challenging Product Team. You will also join a very fast-paced Start Up environment. You will have the critical responsibility of ensuring that we create the best product in the market and the best tech tools for our Landlords, Tenants and the Spotahome Team. As we continue to develop our Product Team, you will have great power, therefore the great responsibility of creating an amazing product used by millions and scale it in a way that could be used by millions more. It is a huge challenge that requires both technical and entrepreneurial mindset. You will be challenged everyday with different technical problems and you will have the power to decide how to solve them while communicating with and working alongside our multinational team.
- Design and implement our operational platform, from domain level to RESTful API, applying CQRS, DDD, Event Sourcing and Hexagonal Architecture principles.
- Write reusable and testable code and participate in code reviews.
- Develop and maintain great software with emphasis on reliability and quality.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Help to hire more engineers.
- Learn fast and be willing to teach other engineers.
- You must be a great problem solver who understands modern web technology.
- True passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code. Strong focus on Software Design Patterns.
- Experience with any OOP language
- Experience in GIT, Linux and SQL databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with RESTFul APIs.
- Solid experience in software testing tools
- Fast learner and eager to learn. Desire to teach and mentor other engineers.
- Spoken and written English.
- Experience in web development.
Nice to have
- Conception methodologies: DDD, Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with systems and IT operations (e.g. Nginx, RabbitMQ).
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience developing and deploying PHP applications.
- Microservices, Hexagonal Architecture and Event Driven programming experience.
- PHP 7.0 experience (e.g. Composer, Phpunit, PSR).
- Github account with code to look at.
- Previous startup experience.
- Full-time salary, negotiable based on experience, and access to the stock options plan.
- Ability to contribute to open source projects.
- Use state of the art technology and best practices.
- Both organizing and promoting internal and external events.
- More than twenty two nationalities in the team. Multicultural and start-up environment (bean bags, coffee, international food internal events like beer tastings...).
- Team building events
If you believe you have what it takes, if you believe in our vision, if you are high spirited and want to do something different and enjoy every day; if you are willing to join us and make an impact and disrupt the housing rental market, please send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: Software Engineer + Your name
Note: We love cover letters! :-)