Production Engineering is charged with supporting an end to end platform reliability and observability of our Telemetry Data Platform. The team owns the lifecycle of our cloud fleet, including building, running and retiring our cells.
Our team is looking for a Software Engineer who will contribute to creating, scaling and decommissioning our cloud environments. This position will report directly to a Senior Director.
What You’ll Do
- Diagnose and solve problems in high-efficiency services and distributed systems including taking care of coordination, concurrency, and resource efficiency.
- Coordinate with Data Platform teams to build, scale, and decommission cloud environments
- Build tooling to automate the distribution of traffic across our environment
- Extensive hands-on experience and proficiency in one or more of the following: Java, Go
- Experience with Public Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google) and Kubernetes (k8s)
- Exposure to CI/CD/DevOps, Terraform, Docker, and monitoring technologies and
- Ability to take initiative and scope work to deliver value iteratively, making meaningful design decisions, and driving work to completion
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing with a passion to mentor, lead, and guide others
- Experience with Kafka or other data pipeline technologies
- Strong testing abilities. Consideration of both automated testing and monitoring to improve team efficiency and reliability of production services
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.