This role is for you if you like being at the center of the action, if you like to be responsible for some of the most substantial changes to the core Auth0 product that you can be.
IAM Core is the Engineering Domain that takes care of the core of the Auth0 product: the authentication pipeline, the protocols, the sessions, anomaly detection and customer security detection and response mechanisms.
The Core Protocols team is responsible for managing, maintaining, and expanding all authentication related interfaces for Auth0, and we’re looking to grow the team to deliver on some high impact features in the near future. The Core Protocols team will expand our existing offering to make them even more secure through implementing additional support for financial grade APIs. If you’ve signed in on a TV using your smartphone, logged into some of the biggest brands' websites or apps, you’ve likely worked with Auth0. This team will be responsible for some of the most significant expansion in our authentication offerings ever.
If you like taking hard problems at scale and making them simpler, we can’t wait to talk to you.
You're a good fit for this role if:
- You have 3+ years of software development experience
- You have experience creating and maintaining public APIs
- You are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable
- You have experience and passion for good engineering practices and testing.
- You excel when working autonomously, and know when to seek help from your team members
- You have experience with cloud environments (AWS and Azure preferred)
- You are interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- You have practical experience developing and improving applications written in Node.js, Golang, or another concurrency friendly language
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with Cloud environments from several vendors
- Have experience with financial grade APIs, Financial Data Exchange or Open Banking
- You understand the Devops culture and like moving between infrastructure and code
- Knowledge of security engineering and application security
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration, and application layers
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.