Software Engineer, IAM Core Cryptography in Madrid or Remote
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Customer Identity (formerly known as Auth0) the great company it is today. So what do we exactly build? Customer Identity is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
The Crypto team is responsible for the cryptographic heart of Customer Identity. As a company that handles some of our customers’ most sensitive information, ensuring that it is done so securely is of paramount importance to us. Operating at the core of our Product Engineering, this team has a hand in everything related to signing, encryption and hashing; from secure storage of secrets and sensitive data, to management and rotation of keys.
This team works very closely with our Security Organisation to ensure that we follow best practices and standards-compliant handling of sensitive information within our platform. This role is for Software Engineers with a passion for Security and someone who wants to be a part of making the Internet safer.
If applying what our colleague Aida tells on this article raises your interest you will be a good candidate!
- Build internal libraries and APIs that help our engineering teams leverage best practices in cryptography and data security.
- Design and build best-in-class solutions for Key and Secret Management.
- Collaborate with Security, Architecture and Product Engineering teams.
- Partner with other Engineering teams to drive adoption across the product.
- Contribute to improving Auth0's product architecture patterns, security controls and best practices.
- Be part of a core service.
You are a good fit if you:
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- You have designed applications and systems that scale, are resilient to failure, and are observable.
- You have a detailed knowledge of security best practices.
- You are very familiar with top security risks and their mitigations.
- You have 2+ years of practical experience developing and improving applications in NodeJS, Golang or similar.
- You know how to communicate your ideas with other teams members, we work remotely and async collaboration is king.
- You are a team player.
If you don't fill all the requirements but you still think you can be a good addition to our team, let's talk anyway!
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
San Francisco, CA, USA
5,000 - 10,000