At Dataform, we are building a modern data management platform for data teams. Our mission is to give super powers to data analysts and data engineers to do magic with data before using it for analysis, dashboards or machine learning.
What is Dataform?
Dataform enables data teams to transform, enrich, and publish data, and build scalable data applications and workflows faster than ever before through. To achieve this, we are building a set of core APIs, workflow orchestration, and a collaborative web based development environment.
Our platform has its roots in core software engineering concepts, open source, version control, packages, testing and release processes - making it the modern choice for tech driven data teams.
We are a founding team of tech and data loving ex-Googlers, we are backed by outstanding partners such as YCombinator, LocalGlobe, Tribe Capital, Amino Capital and many great angels.
As one of the first hires on a growing team, you will be responsible for designing and developing across our entire tech stack, working directly with the founders to develop against an ambitious road map. You will be expected to grow into taking responsibility for one or more parts of our product, interviewing engineers, establishing development processes and contributing to our culture.
We are technology agnostic, and our stack is currently built with a combination of Typescript, JS, Java, Python, React, Node, gRPC, Protobuf, Apache Beam, running on Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker.
We have many technical and product challenges to solve across all parts of our platform, from developing and managing an open-source framework and APIs, building scalable data pipeline infrastructure, and a web based development environment.
We are looking for ambitious, full-stack engineers that are looking to gain experience working in a fast paced startup environment, are ready to take on technical responsibility, and are comfortable moving quickly.
- Significant software engineering experience, comfortable leading the design and implementation of complex projects.
- A demonstrated passion for software engineering, possibly through contributing to or maintaining open-source projects.
- You are looking to challenge yourself, and never shy away from learning something new, or challenging the status quo.
- You have experience and interest mentoring and teaching others, and helping to grow those around you.
- You can work comfortably across all parts of the technology stack, and are happy to prioritise your work to where the business needs it.
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment, where work and priorities may change quickly.
- Some experience with data engineering, SQL, or Spark, Hadoop, etc.
What is Dataform?
Competitive salary and equity
- Last generation Mac laptop (or Linux equivalent) + QHD monitor
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday