See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer (DevOps).
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help Twilio build Event Streams, a product that allows Twilio's customers to subscribe to a set of unified streams that provide events for every interaction sent or received in the Twilio cloud. In this position you will be working in a team made of Software Engineers, a Tech Lead, a Product Manager and an Engineering manager, and you will be challenged to design, build and and run the operations of Event Streams product.
In this role, you’ll:
- Cultivate a DevOps culture that is driving massively scalable, highly reliable and resilient services in a fast growing customer and engineering focused company.
- Contribute to and improve our CI/CD pipeline.
- Contribute to the testing and validation of Event Streams, and it's integrations with existing Twilio products.
- Contribute to the development of the Event Streams product, working with Scala, Golang, Kafka, AWS and more.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Fluency in one or more programming languages (Scala, Golang, Java, etc).
- Knowledgeable in bash scripting, service configuration and management.
- Experience in designing, developing, and operating services in cloud-deployed environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc).
- Experience with container/orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, etc.
- Experience with CD/CI and infrastructure tools and system like Jenkins, CircleCI, Buildkite, Github actions, CloudFormation, Terraform or similar.
- Demonstrated cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with or interest in monitoring and observability technologies like Datadog, Prometheus, OpenMetrics or Grafana.
- Understanding of distributed systems and operational complexities and challenges.
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Computer Science or related field, or comparable professional experience.
This role will be based in our office in Paseo de la Castellana, Madrid office, or remotely based in Spain.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!