We’re SwissBorg, a fintech company headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Lausanne, Lisbon, Tallinn and London.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 650,000+ users the best price and liquidity across 16 fiat and 45+ cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over $600 millions equivalent in crypto assets held in the app, weekly volume of over 250 million, and over 33,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in...
Please note this is a fully remote role for a candidate who can be based anywhere in European timezone
What you might be doing:
- Identify requirements for the data pipelines layout, design, and implementation
- Design, build, maintain, and troubleshoot SwissBorg's data delivery and data processing systems
- Be the link between the backend services and the data analytics teams
- Work on scaling the existing data systems to accommodate the future growth
- Optimize databases and query performance
- Solve challenging problems in the context of data and distributed systems
What you might bring:
- Expert knowledge of at least one JVM based language (Java/Kotlin/Scala). Scala is a plus
- Good practical knowledge of Python
- Good understanding and practical experience with Apache Kafka
- Expertise in modern data storage and data processing tools and techniques
- Experience with RDBMs, data warehouses, cloud-based data processing architectures
- Flexible, proactive, organized, detail-oriented and entrepreneurial
- Excellent English communication skills. French is a plus
- Experience in the finance industry is a plus
Why you should apply:
- Freedom to build the company of your dreams
- Learn with (super cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
- CHSB bonus based on our meritocratic system
- We'll provide you with a MacBook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
- Flexible working hours
- 25 working days of vacation + local holidays
- Annual team retreats - We'd love to see you at the next one!
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
If our job description speaks to you, but you don’t feel like you meet 100% of the requirements, apply anyway! You may have skills we didn’t even know we needed.
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting the best outcome requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone!
To ensure a safe & welcoming space, please feel free to let us know of anything you require to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to the recruitment process.