A stellar opportunity to make a massive impact: push the boundaries for how Hopper customers find the best possible vacation rental for their trip. Our Supply Connectivity team is responsible for reliably connecting our customers to diversified sources of vacation rental home inventory so that we can always offer the best possible deal to our users at the best possible price.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for scaling, improving and operating our direct integrations platform with large channel managers, property management systems, OTAs, and other partners across the board.
You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical, data and product-focused individuals, whose mission is to consistently find and deliver the best vacation rental home deals and inventory for our customers. We are looking for team members with strong backend engineering, API, and analytical skills. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, data measurement and delivering value at speed. You’ll be responsible for making that a reality.
- 3+ years professional experience building and maintaining systems at scale.
- Experience building and managing multiple external API integrations.
- Professional experience developing data heavy platforms or APIs.
- Thrived in backend engineering positions and delivered user experiences at scale.
- Ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table.
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists.
- Passionate about quality and writing testable code that performs and scales.
- Professional programming experience with Java, Scala, Python or Go.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Build, own and generally maintain our vendor API integration microservices.
- Evolve and maintain our architecture, including monitoring and alerting systems.
- Contribute to improvements in a microservices architecture system.
- Deliver your first code in days, iterating over the product in an agile way.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback to foster growth.
- Seize great opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the vacation rental home and travel industries.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- The company grew its revenue by more than 300% YoY in 2021. Hopper’s monthly revenues are now 375% higher than its pre-pandemic high point and Hopper Cloud, Hopper’s new B2B initiative, is already 15% of its revenues and growing.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Hopper’s recovery is faster than the market and its share of the air travel market in North America is now 300% higher than prior to the pandemic, according to MIDT. We are now the 3rd largest air travel agency in North America.
- The company sells over $2B in travel and travel related financial services annually.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent over 70% of its air revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com, and MakeMyTrip.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!