Electronic Arts is an innovative tech company that creates incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making great games is not easy. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Tracktwenty is Electronic Arts mobile game studio based in the center of Helsinki. The studio brings SimCity BuildIt to tablet and mobile and the game has more than 200 million installs to date. As well as growing SimCity BuildIt, the studio's passionate team of programmers, artists, designers, marketers, and analysts are working to create the next big hit to come out of Finland for EA Mobile.
We're looking for a passionate and dedicated Senior Software Engineer who will excel in a ever-evolving development environment. As a Senior Software Engineer within the Tracktwenty Studio you'll work as part of the experienced team on the development and the technical design of a mobile title.
You will report to the Technical Director
- Design and implement quality game code
- Work together with other disciplines such as artists and designers to bring concepts and ideas to life.
- Help others in the programming team.
- Contribution to the technical design of individual games and participation in technical decisions for the technology used by the game team
- Involvement in different parts of the game code, such as game logic, external API's, UI/UX, AI, graphics.
- 3+ years of experience with C#
- 3+ years of experience with Unity game engine
- Experience developing and shipping games for smartphones and tablets (iOS/Android)
- A natural feeling for and understanding of gameplay mechanics
- Capability to implement quality solutions to deadline
- Hunger for learning and knowledge, including sharing with others
- A love for games
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with full development life cycle, from prototyping to live services
- Experience with C++ programming
- Experience in 3D programming using OpenGL or knowledge in shader languages
- Experience in scripting languages, such as LUA or Python
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.