Fleet Management International is a line of business of Webfleet Solutions combining our market presence in South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Mexico and the US.
To increase the market relevance of our products in these geographies the Barcelona engineering site was tasked with creating a product engineering team to strengthen the global product engineering organization in this respect. The team’s mission is to create and provide relevant products or adaptations of our standard products, as well as solutions that that comply with local regulations, and address the most relevant industries in the respective countries.
Here is a little taste of your challenge:
The successful candidate will become part of an agile cross-functional team of highly skilled and motivated engineers. Together with this team and in collaboration of other teams in our product engineering organization, you will:
- discuss, define, and develop enhancement and adaptions of existing products as well as new products and services, or integrations with 3rd party systems for the purpose of meeting the requirements and regulations and increasing the market reach in the respective target geographies;
- create solution designs for and deliver complete sets of functionalities from backend to frontend, in some cases even including firmware changes;
- work in a technically complex and sensitive environment, which will require you to build relevant functional knowledge about the products, technical knowledge about the WFSP stack and architecture;
- keep a keen eye on application performance, operability, robustness, monitoring and failure resilience, data privacy and the security of individual services and the whole system;
- take holistic responsibility including ongoing functional and performance improvements, bug fixing and issue solving on the production instances of your applications and test automation as well as necessary configuration and data changes;
- potentially work with software or system partners to source and deliver suitable products and services that comply with national regulations of the relevant geographies and strengthen the competitive advantage of the WEBFLEET in these markets;
- apply agile methods to organize yours and your team’s work, make your planning and team performance transparent and to manage your stakeholders.
Who are you:
There is no set route to become Software Engineer in Webfleet Solutions. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- great communication skills, holistic and systemic thinking, goal-orientation, quality-focus, versatile problem-solving skills, an open mind as well as at least 2 years of experience in commercial software development;
- fluency in English (written and spoken);
- a desire to work as part of an international organization and cooperate with other software engineers, system engineers, architects, product owners and external partners across multiple locations;
The most important qualification that will make you successful in the longer term, is to have a “getting things done” attitude. No matter whether it is to implement a new feature, fix a bug in production, extract some data and deliver it to customer support, change system configurations, solving problems together with 3rd parties and system partners, you tackle the problem and resolve it.
What can you expect?
- As a successful candidate you will join an international team of technically highly skilled and engaged engineers. They went through the same selection process as you did, so you can expect to join a high-caliber team.
- You will embark onto an adventure in product engineering within a growing and changing business. Our product and engineering teams are based in five different European locations and our standard business language is English.
- You will (have to) learn a lot about what our business is, our technology stack and the service platform. You will learn from formal training we provide for new joiners, your co-workers, from our documentation and wiki, and if your needs are more around general technical skills training, then you will be able to participate in training courses according to need.
- Our engineering culture is built upon the values of the agile manifesto. We strive to enable our teams to become highly productive and autonomous and to empower individuals to become their own best self.
- For us, engineering has a lot to do with ingenuity. We see engineers as creative problem solvers, who enjoy going full-cycle: from problem definition through problem solving and implementation, to solution validation and delivery to users.
- We value attitudes as proactive problem solving, open-mindedness, a good balance of long-term and short-term thinking, friendly professionalism, walking the talk, taking ownership and leading your topic or domain.
- We value steady professionals who are looking to build their career with us. We prefer to develop and promote our leaders from within, creating various opportunities for professional development and career advancement. We provide a technical as well as a more organizational career track and opportunities to try both, if you are not sure.
- Expect projects and topics you work on to change fast at times. Expect to be fully responsible for your work and products. This includes all functional and non-functionals aspects. Our product engineering teams perform necessary maintenance and technology upgrades for their products and components and are also expected to deliver contributions to our scalability and technology roadmap.
Let’s not forget the good stuff!
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package in addition to the salary:
- Private health insurance (including children and partners)
- Pension Plan
- Lunch vouchers + free coffee at the office
- Flexible working hours
- Almost no dress code (the only existing restriction is that you are required to be dressed decently and wear shoes on your feet)
- Plenty of formal training for new joiners + access to LinkedIn Learning
- Once you have earned the merits to warrant it, there will be opportunity to attend trainings and conferences on company budget
- Annual performance reviews, personal development plans, and as much feedback as you want and can handle through regular 1:1 meetings
Who are we?
Webfleet Solutions is one of the world’s leading telematics solution providers, dedicated to fleet management, vehicle telematics and connected car services. Its main Software-as-a-Service solution WEBFLEET is used by businesses of all sizes to improve vehicle performance, save fuel, support drivers and increase overall fleet efficiency. In addition, Webfleet Solutions provides services for the insurance, rental and leasing industries, car importers and companies that address the needs of businesses as well as consumers. Webfleet Solutions has over 50,000 customers worldwide and services drivers in more than 100 countries, giving them the industry’s strongest local support network and widest range of sector-specific third-party applications and integrations. Our customers benefit every day from the high standards of confidentiality, integrity and availability of our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified service, re-audited in November 2018.
Webfleet Solutions is part of Bridgestone Europe NV/SA (“Bridgestone”), a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a leader in advanced solutions and sustainable mobility.