Softonic is the leading global software discovery destination, offering our audience solutions through the world's most complete selection of software and apps.
With thousands of titles across hundreds of categories, Softonic connects our users with a huge community of developers providing innovative software and apps for any need.
Softonic is the European company with one of the largest online audiences, and currently holds 40th position worldwide with more than 100 million unique monthly users who generate more than 4 million daily downloads. Based in Barcelona, Spain, Softonic also has offices in Madrid and San Francisco.
An engineer is a developer with deep knowledge in one or several technical disciplines used in the company's services and products. He or she is personally responsible for the technical quality of the produced work, and that this work scales and performs according to the business needs. All software engineers in a team are autonomous and responsible of the products they work in.
- Designs, develops and tests software solutions including proposals of the functionality architecture, and modifications to existing functionality
- Analyses and resolves technical problems of any kind within the disciplines.
- Works with the business part if needed to clearly understand the details.
- Identifies and escalates risks and issues to the appropriate person depending on its nature.
- Contributes to improve the technical area
- Technical support and guidance to team members
- Active decision taking in key issues on the products.
- High quality deliverables with minimal defects
- Ability to analyze existing systems in the context of business needs and take action.
- Integrate and balance ‘big picture’ concerns with day to day work.
- A doer and a good team player.
- Expertise in wider web development technologies and languages
- Evidence of providing solutions that exceed expectations
- Demonstrate technical leadership, and mentoring skills
- Experience of contributing and influencing change at team / project level
- At least 3 years recent relevant work experience (working with programming languages, including PHP and/or Node.js, in a professional development company)
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
Ability to communicate properly at a team level.
- Advanced level of english both oral and written.
- Proactiveness and self responsibility.
- Ready to work in a cross-functional team taking part in the whole development process and sharing good practices.
- Creative, curious, strategic and organized as well as experimental.
- Adaptability to changes in a fast paced environment.