StudentFinance is a venture-backed company with the mission of removing barriers to education and empower economic mobility.
We deeply believe in the power of education and that access to education should not depend on one's financial background. Currently, millions of people are in need of re-skilling and are not able to fulfill their potential due to financial barriers.
So we are building the technological, data, and financial infrastructure to offer outcomes-based financing. Through Income Share Agreements, people defer the tuition payment and only start making payments after getting a job. ISAs are all about aligned incentives, and so are we at StudentFinance. Our end game is supporting our customer's transition to employment and financial health.
To get there, we are building a world-class team of purpose-driven and entrepreneurial people, working in a remote setting from cities across Europe.
About the role
We are looking for Software Engineers who are excited about building features along our ambitious payments and lending engine roadmap. The role requires a person that is experienced building scalable and maintainable APIs and Services from scratch. You are someone who can handle the responsibility of being a part of a fast growing startup, as well as having the ability to work independently and proactively. In this role you will be working as part of a diverse, energetic team, working in a remote setting from cities across Europe.
- Help design and develop the next-gen of Payments and Lending Engine
- Collaborate in creating scalable architectures that enable the growth plans of the product and company
- Work within the tech team in a cross-functional squad, closely with operations and product to have a clear grasp of the operational and business impact of the solutions you create.
- Deliver world class, tested and documented software code, that complies with security and privacy standards.
- Be an active stakeholder in software architecture discussions around the features you'll build.
- Be a proactive voice in proposing tools and processes that could make yourself and the team more efficient and productive.
- Be a mentor and advocate of the best software development practices to the team and new hires
- You are proactive and communicative
- You know how to get things done with quality, security and privacy in mind
- Experienced working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Solid understanding of how APIs and protocols work
- Solid experience with Relational Databases and/or NOSQL Databases
- Solid experience with Git
- Nice to have experience with AWS
- Nice to have experience with containers and terraform
- Nice to have experience in Fintech
If you decide to apply to this role and you're selected here's how the process will unfold:
- Introduction call with an Engineering Manager
- Technical assessment (usually a take home code challenge)
- Technical interview with Engineering Manager and a Senior Engineer
- Quick laid back chat with someone from the Product team
- Final call the founders of the company
At StudentFinance, we believe our team is our biggest asset. We are very ambitious and hard-working and expect that this benefits package motivates and generates well-being in the team. Please find below a summary of the current benefits package:
- Competitive salary + equity (matched to the experience)
- Fully remote environment
- Flexible work hours
- Home office allowance
- Personal development budget
- Flexible vacation policy