We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team in charge of developing New Relic's infrastructure monitoring solution. Our customers deploy this software to send us data and metrics that we use to help them manage and improve their host and container environments!
We work with data at a scale found at few companies using a diverse tech stack (Go, Java, GraphQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Kubernetes, many public cloud web services, and more). At New Relic, you will work with some of the best engineers and see some of the most sophisticated problems in the industry. We’re a fast-growing software company that cares about our culture!
The responsibilities of this team include developing and maintaining our platform for On-Host integrations (open source) products.
What You’ll Do
- Build our on-host software deployments and integrations
- Check out our github repos under the organization "New Relic"
- Interact with the open-source community as you publish and contribute to ours and other organization's repos
- Learn and share knowledge via formal mentoring, code reviews, design mockups, giving and attending technical talks and classes
- Collaborate with your teammates to define technical work high and feasibility/viability of features.
- Build, test and deliver more features.
- Research new tools and services to understand complex scenarios and propose phenomenal new features.
- Participate in architectural definitions with a high degree of innovation and creativity.
- Our team is very autonomous; you will be able to influence the product’s direction as well as technical decisions made throughout the team and company.
- Comfortable with Go or another programming language like Java, C, C#, C++
- You are interested in monitoring modern infrastructure, involving services, containers, k8s...
- You are familiar with building software for Linux, Windows, K8s, or Docker
- Passion to apply (or learn) build and test automation techniques. We highly value what these techniques bring to a development team's efficiency and reliability.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment focused on frequent delivery of production code practicing agile methodologies.
- You have great analytics skills are adept at solving problems and troubleshooting.
- You communicate easily in English.
- Familiarity with working in open source
- Python knowledge! We use it to automate creating integrations
- Knowledge and experience in New Relic products is a plus
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.