At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat 3scale Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer to join us in Barcelona, Spain. In this role, you will solve interesting problems with elegant, efficient, and well tested-code in the API Manager component of 3scale API Management. You'll develop features that ensure our API Manager is easy to use, responsive, and aligned with other Red Hat solutions our customers use. Successful applicants must reside in a country where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Develop new features using agile development methods; work closely with the Engineering, Product, Quality Engineering, and Documentation teams to continuously deliver new product features and improvements to our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Contribute to large, community-driven open source projects for Red Hat along with other technology-leading companies
- Fix customer issues, working with support teams to reproduce them, confirm fixes, and roll out to customers
- Peer-review code from other engineers, always trying to improve the quality of our code base
- Work with the rest of the team to define and prioritize next issues to work on
- Provide a great user experience for our end users
- Unit testing experience using Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, etc.
- Solid professional experience using React and Redux
- Build tools with Yarn, NPM, Webpack
- Conceptual understanding of user experience (UX) and interface (UI) design process and development
- Working experience using Git in a multi-developer team workflow with feature branches, pull-requests, and use of continuous integration (CI)
- Previous experience from an Agile, Scrum, or Kanban environment
- Knowledge in Ruby on Rails and its ecosystem, or the desire to quickly learn it
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
About Red Hat