Who we are:
Chartboost is the largest mobile games-based ad monetization platform in the world. We reach an audience of over 900M unique users every month across more than 300,000 mobile games and work with 90% of the top grossing iOS and Android game developers, globally. The Chartboost SDK is the highest-integrated independent mobile ad SDK and through Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, and other services, we empower developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences. We've recently grown to a team of 4 in Barcelona and plan to grow to 10+ in the next 6 to 12 months.
What you’ll do:
- Proudly own the Chartboost Android SDK, which is deployed on hundreds of millions of devices worldwide.
- Diligently monitor SDK behavior in production, and alert the team when problems occur.
- Ruthlessly prioritize quality, and leave no stone unturned in investigating problems.
- Carefully balance performance, memory and network usage, respecting users, app developers and our network.
- Thoughtfully architect features which will live in the wild for as long as the game they support.
- Mindfully maintain testing and documentation systems to support your team and yourself.
- Efficiently coordinate with your business, project management, and support partners.
- Skillfully manage relationships with mediation partners and third party developers.
- Seamlessly work with other teams at Chartboost on multilevel projects.
- Patiently provide mentorship and guidance to more junior engineers.
- Provide timely and detailed code reviews.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent.
- 5 years of professional software development experience.
- 3 years of mobile software development experience.
- Have shipped Android apps and/or Android SDKs/Libraries with a server component.
- Thorough knowledge of Java, Gradle, Android Studio.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to use them on a distributed team.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Strong Unit Test skills.
- You’ve shipped a game or app on Google Play Store and/or experience building and shipping SDKs or libraries.
- You have experience with Charles Proxy.
- You've worked with Travis CI.
- You've had exposure to iOS development.
- You've worked with with Unity 3D
- You have experience working with a distributed team.
- You have familiarity with the advertising industry.
What we offer:
- Incredible work environment, drawing from the best elements of the Barcelona and Bay Area tech scenes
- Competitive salary
- Stock options after 1 year of employment
- Healthy snacks, coffee and cool office space in the center of Barcelona near the subway
- Private health insurance
- Weekly English/Spanish lessons and/or other investments in your professional development
- One or more trips to San Francisco every year
- Flexible schedule based on trust and deliverables vs. hours behind your desk
- The opportunity to shape the company culture of our Barcelona office and make it both Charboosty and unique
More about us:
We are proud of the product we've built and appreciate the impact it has on other people's businesses and lives. We want to be surrounded by people who are always finding opportunities to try something new and grow. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions and always design with the user in mind. Sounds like a fit? Join us, and be part of the team that will change the future of mobile gaming!
The Chartboost SDK is the highest-integrated independent mobile ad SDK and through Chartboost Exchange, Ad Network, and other services, we empower developers to build businesses, while connecting advertisers to highly engaged audiences. We have offices in San Francisco, Amsterdam, Beijing, and are rapidly growing and looking for passionate people to expand our team in Barcelona.