Do you want to work on a dynamic, motivated team? Are you a results-oriented self-starter who would enjoy contributing to a key component of the traveler experience? Do you love to seek out problems, investigate solutions, and achieve outcomes? We are looking for a Software Development Engineer III to join the Reviews team part of Marketplaces and Yield at Expedia Group.
The EG Reviews platform primarily collects reviews from travelers and partners on stays, along with additional lines of business on BEX, moderates content and makes the content available throughout the EG marketplaces and experiences to provide insights for travelers and partners on their existing and future trips.
What you’ll do:
- You will team up with peers across the organization to build an understanding of cross dependencies and shared problem solving.
- You will share new skills and knowledge with team to increase effectiveness.
- You will understand the relationship between applications, databases and technology platforms.
- You will develop and test complex or non-routine software applications and related programs and procedures to ensure they meet design requirements.
- You will write code that is clean, maintainable, optimized, modular with good naming conventions. You will also use software frameworks to write simpler code.
- You will lead/clarify code evolution in code reviews.
- You will coordinate bringing together different stakeholders with varied perspectives to develop solutions to issues and contributes own suggestions.
- You will assist with a whole systems approach to analyzing issues by ensuring all components (structure, people, process and technology) are identified and accounted for.
- You will spot areas of inefficiency in code or systems operation and offer suggestions for improvements.
- You will compile and generate reports on major operational or technical initiatives (like RCAs) to larger groups, whether via written or oral means.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in a related Technical field; or Equivalent related professional experience. Equivalent experience includes:
- Developed software in at least 3 different languages
- Maintained/ran at least 4 software project/product in production environments (bug fixing, troubleshooting, monitoring etc.)
- Prior experience as a Software Engineer mentoring junior engineers and applying new engineering principles to improve existing systems including leading complex, well defined projects.
- Technologies we use; Scala, Java, Akka, Finch, Finagle, NodeJS, ReactJS, GraphQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Docker, AWS, DataDog, Splunk, Jenkins, Gith
- Able to create API's to be consumed across the business unit
- Demonstrates the ability to select among technology available to implement and solve for need
- Understanding how projects/teams interact with other teams
- Able to understand and design moderately complex systems
- Ability to test, debug, fix issues within established SLAs
- Able to design software that is easily testable and observable
- Understanding of how teams’ goals fit a business need
- Ability to identify business problems at the project level and provide solutions
- Identifies business problems at the project level and provides solutions.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.