As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Great Opportunity!
We are looking for a hardworking and motivated software developer in the area of IP/data communications, with passion for building new functionalities related with 5G mobile data processing (especially, in the programming of open platform, real time and high-availability systems).
- Develop software for 5G networks in the area of traffic management (smart detection algorithms, analytics and optimizations), adding-on differentiating value on top of the 5G network user plane infrastructure.
- Participate the full life-span of the software feature: from early phases (analysing the solution and setting requirements), development phase (coding and testing), and final deployment on live network (supporting customer teams).
- Be part of a multinational organization, with teams distributed in Spain, Sweden and China.
To be successful in the role you must have
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate degree in computer science, telecommunication engineering or related field
- Willing to, or being already proficient in programming of open-platform, real-time and high-available systems, as well as scripting.
- Programming in C/C++ and at least one scripting language (python, shell/bash, …) on UNIX/Linux is required.
- Knowledge in TCP/IP Networking, and evolution transport protocols (like QUIC), data networks and IP-based applications (HTTP, HTTPS, ..).
- Knowledge in Mobile network architecture 4G/5G. Interfaces, protocols, functions
- Capacity to investigate and debug complex issues. Including performance tuning experience, troubleshooting, core dump analysis, etc.
- Cloud native software stacks and execution environments: VMware, AWS, Swarm, Kubernetes, others.
- Knowledge in operating system architectures and capacity to model scalable designs and solutions
- Desirable advanced Linux user and network administrator
- Desirable experience in configuration of network equipment
- Good written and spoken English, confident working in international environments
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, Indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.