A LITTLE ABOUT US
We want people to live their best lives.
We believe people grow more when in teams.
We believe great teams are built on constructive feedback. At work. At home.
And so we’ve developed a beautiful online platform that uses psychology + design + technology to make it easier and more enjoyable to give and receive feedback, manage goals, manage check-ins and personal development plans.
We have a laser-like focus on best-practice UX and best-practice UI in order to turn a previously uncomfortable and confusing HR-led process into a delightful and rewarding personal experience.
We’re growing rapidly with clients across Europe, the US and Asia Pacific and an incredibly exciting pipeline of innovation ahead of us!
We have a small team of 10 “Howmies”: Our experience spans across J.P. Morgan, Google, Goldman Sachs, Just Eat, Deliveroo, Quiqup, Gett, Lloyds, the UN, The Ellen MacArthur Foundation and Tesco.com just to name a few.
We’re high achievers and we’re passionate about personal development. But what really binds us together is the Howamigoing Employee Ethos - check it out here: https://howamigoing.com/employee-ethos.pdf.
In summary... through being open, honest, vulnerable and committed, we solve complex problems fast - and we have a tonne of fun doing it!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Participate in our product development from ideation to deployment and beyond
- Develop a flexible and well-structured frontend architecture, using React.js, along with GraphQL and REST APIs
- Build reusable components and frontend libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Extend our E2E test suite to help in catching any code issues early
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
You need to be a great cultural fit, first and foremost. So if you haven’t read it yet, please check out the Howamigoing Employee Ethos here (https://howamigoing.com/employee-ethos.pdf).
- At least 2 years’ work experience since graduating from university, ideally with a tech company, startup or top-tier corporate
- Bachelor and/or Master degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Autonomous working style - able to take ownership of an entire feature with minimal guidance
- Comfortable with delivering features end-to-end, from ideation through planning, scoping, implementation, delivery and beyond including further experimentation and evaluation
- Familiarity with: CI/CD, and at least one cloud platform (i.e. AWS, GCP, Azure)
We’re going to get along great if you:
- Stay up to date with React’s latest features (e.g. hooks, suspense);
- Have experience with GraphQL and Apollo;
- Are proficient with TypeScript development;
- Can communicate complex technical issues easily and concisely;
- Speak at an advanced level of English.
Did we mention that you’ll be working directly with and learning directly from the senior leadership team who have worked at J.P. Morgan, Google, Goldman Sachs, Just Eat, Gett, Lloyds and Tesco.com just to name a few.
We pay competitive salaries to make sure we get the crème de la crème.
We allow all employees to participate in the Howamigoing Share Option Plan after their probation period.
We treat all our employees like adults: You’ll have the flexibility to work from our London, Granada or Frankfurt co-work spaces, or from home :-)
You’ll be encouraged to lead a lifestyle of mental and physical wellbeing.
You’ll be duly invited to and expected to revel in our next Howmie offsite in Spain...
We’re growing fast and we move quick - so don’t delay!
In addition to applying via LinkedIn, please email a brief cover message to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining:
- Why personal development is important to you
- Something funny about you
- Why Howamigoing
- Why now
We’ll start interviewing interesting candidates as soon as they apply and will make an offer as soon as we feel that we’ve found the right person.