TAPTAP, founded in 2010 and headquartered in Madrid, is a technology firm at the epicenter of innovation in adtech and martech. TAPTAP provides location intelligence marketing and advertising solutions in 10 markets within Europe, Africa, N. America, and S. America. Global media agencies and large to mid-market brands leverage TAPTAP’s Sonata technology in over 80 markets for market intelligence and digital advertising solutions.
We are unique because TAPTAP brings together analytics, creativity, innovation, ambitious challenges, and teamwork. Our goal is to link physical and digital marketing. All of it, globally.
Since our founding, we take a mobile-centric approach in the development of sophisticated data-driven marketing & advertising solutions that has led us to develop the Sonata platform.
Short Job Description:
We are looking for a Software Backend Engineer for our platform product (SONATA) to be part of our growing engineering team.
You will participate in the development process of the different software components that make up our backend architecture. You will actively contribute, together with the other members of the team, by: defining new requirements, implementing them, reviewing the job of your peers, identifying issues, and monitoring the system status.
You will work with a distributed stack that must handle billions of daily requests in real time, with almost zero delay. Each request is processed and evaluated individually, in order to achieve maximum outcome from it. These interactions generate a continuous datastream that is processed and delivered to different components, with no data loss and almost instantently, feeding back the main process.
An architecture of decoupled services and real time monitoring of its conditions, allow each service to scale automatically, in order to adapt to sudden changes in traffic volume, business requirements or any other dimension that may affect the performance constraints.
In order to meet the system standards you must deliver robust, tested and maintainable code, always trying to go one step further.
Job description & responsibilities:
- Designing, building, deploying, and maintaining components of a high-volume, distributed real-time bidding system, which processes billions of requests per day.
- Design and implement integration strategies to work efficiently with external partners.
- Enforce consistency and availability across operational and analytical data stores.
- Focus on system scalability to be able to handle changes in traffic volume in short periods of time.
- Enhance service performance by improving business and technical operations.
- Propose changes and solutions to improve the platform.
- Keep up with the latest technologies and define our future technology stack.
- End-to-end responsibility from technical design to deployment and testing.
- Working closely with other teams: product, operations, marketing…
Requirements of the role:
- 3 years of experience with JAVA.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical/scientific discipline.
- Strong object oriented knowledge base.
- Experience with distributed architectures.
- Experience with unix / linux based environments.
- NoSQL databases knowledge (MongoDB, Elasticsearch and Redis desirable).
- Experience with Agile development practices (Scrum, JIRA).
- English language, full professional proficiency.
- Previous experience with Node.js.
- Experience with big data architectures (Hadoop, Spark, Hive...).
- Experience with REST APIs specification.
- Experience with real time bidding systems.
- Experience working with AWS (EC2, ECS, S3...).
- Knowledge of data streaming technologies, like Kafka.
- Ability to work independently, set timelines and execute to plan.
- Consider unit testing is a must, quality assurance is a priority.
- Interest in learning and sharing knowledge with the other team members.
- Learning quickly and being self-reliant. Experience in working in a startup or small teams preferred.
- Great working environment.
- Competitive compensation package, according to the candidate profile & experience.
- Permanent position, strong possibilities of internal promotion in an international profiled firm.
- Role-based out of Madrid, Spain HQ.
We are ambitious, demanding, and optimistic go-getters. We are entrepreneurs, working hard together as a team to drive and achieve our ambitious growth plans. In short, we smell opportunities where others see vulnerability.
About TapTap Networks