Founded in 2012 and backed by some of the world's leading investors, Preply is a global language learning marketplace that connects 15,000 tutors with tens of thousands of students from across the globe. We're continually improving our product through A/B experimentation and need your help to build a product that delivers life-changing language education to the world! Learn more in "Some more about us..." below.
Join our Platform Tribe!
SRE role at Preply combines software development, operations and business skills to run large-scale, fault-tolerant, global language education platform. SRE ensures that Preply systems — have reliability, uptime appropriate to business's needs and a fast rate of improvement. Additionally SRE’s will keep an ever-watchful eye on the capacity and performance of our system. This person is expected to work on core parts of our platform and help us to meet the challenges of growing the organization in terms of both traffic and the number of developers.
While we have the DevOps team which is responsible for infrastructure in general, The SRE team is responsible for: system observability and alerting, managing and improving incident response processes, managing on-call rotations across the company.
Visit our Tech Radar to learn more about the technologies we use at Preply.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for Preply's uptime record;
- Improve system scalability
- Own availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence;
- Improve system observability and alerting
- Manage on-call rotations across company
- Improve incident response processes
- Establish credibility with the quality of the team's technical execution
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Collaborate with product teams to help them tackle technical issues and design new systems
What we are looking for:
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing high loaded systems.
- Proficiency with production troubleshooting is a must
- Business-oriented & data-driven person
- Experience with k8s, Docker, Helm.
- Strong knowledge of any of those languages: Python, JS, Php, Java, Scala, Erlang at least 3+ years production experience.
- Hands-on experience with any modern framework Django, Flask, Ruby on Rails, Magento, Spring, etc.
Nice to haves:
- Python, Celery, Postresql, ElasticSearch, AWS, Kafka, Redis
- Experience with DataDog
- Experience with release engineering
What we offer:
- An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory.
- An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated.
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and international culture.
- A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com.
- A competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance.
Some more about us...
Backed by some of the world’s leading investors, Preply is on a mission to shape the future of effective learning. Fueled by a belief that live engagement with a teacher is still the most effective way to learn a new skill, Preply is building a personalized learning space that will enable people to reach their goals in the fastest way possible.
We have diverse technical challenges (sometimes we write about them on our Engineering Blog) that will allow you to develop your skills across our stack. We also A/B test most of our changes in production, both from a product and a technical perspective before scaling it to all customers.
- Human: We speak honestly and directly with compassion and radical candor. We believe every interaction should be friendly, personalized, diverse and inclusive. Above all, we believe fun should be apart of everything we do
- Customer Obsession: We put our customers first by asking for feedback and analyzing the data to build products they love.
- Hungry: Our will to win is unmatched. We make bold, data-informed decisions, to quickly deliver value to our customers. We dare to dream big, think like co-owners, and go the extra mile to hire others who share our champion spirit.
- Humble: We keep our egos low, constantly learn, and trust in data to make smart decisions. We know that our knowledge is imperfect and incomplete, but not stagnant. There's always more to learn from each other, our customers, and the world around us.
- Curious: We are lifelong learners. Our curiosity helps us to view tough situations more creatively. We kill the noise and go deep on insights. We face challenges head on, and consistently seek opportunities to learn more.
- Hackers: We’re obsessed with our customer’s problems. We focus on what matters, design with pragmatism, and move with incredible speed to create simple, creative, and scalable solutions.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Preply.com is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds can thrive. We believe that the presence of different opinions and viewpoints is a key ingredient for our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company. That means that Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.