The Service Operations team is part of the DevOps team at StreamSets. As part of the team, you will help maintain both private and public managed production environments, manage releases, configuration, security management, and design the CI/CD for our SaaS product. You'll work closely with developer, support, and product management teams, using your technical expertise to help maintain the highest quality of lights-out operations.
Location: Barcelona, Spain (hybrid)
- Work with engineering and PM teams to develop automation strategy of product deployment and enhancements for the success of our customers
- Build continuous improvements in application and infrastructure deployments
- Manage release pipeline of SaaS offerings hosted across Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) to support maximum up-time and non-stop promotion process
- Improve execution by isolating and addressing problems ranging from infrastructure optimization to product implementation and delivery
- Develop security governance framework to harden CSPs account security
- Design data warehouse and monitoring architecture, and implementing SaaS dashboards, escalations, and alerts
- Use new technologies to improve tools and performance across application and infrastructure deployment
- Be on a PagerDuty rotation to respond to SAAS Service availability incidents and provide support for service engineers with customer incidents.
- Proficiency with a programming language like Python, Java or Ruby.
- Understanding of Linux, Terraform, Containerization, Ansible, Git, Jenkins and maven
- Configuration of Logging /Monitoring technologies such as ELK, GROK, Google Stackdriver, CloudWatch, Datadog, New Relic.
- AWS, GCP, Azure - creating customized policies and roles, security and authentication
- Have an urge to document all the things so you don't need to learn the same thing twice
- Experience managing production environments (SaaS, PaaS)
- Passionate about writing code and seeing it used in production
- Strong interest in SRE topics like SLOs, resilience, scaling, performance, and more
- Familiarity with security best practices.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer developing (DevOps experience counts).
- Experience with cloud-native, machine learning or Hadoop technologies
- Healthy work/life balance, including wellness days and flexible policies
- Attractive compensation, and options grants
- Paid family leave
- Professional development - we are invested in you
Our ethosStreamSets is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. People seeking employment at StreamSets are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Come be a part of our diverse, dynamic team!