Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
We at Klarna are looking for driven and energetic Site Reliability Engineers who also happen to like Python in order to join our office in Berlin.
Our mission is to make payments as smooth as possible, reducing the friction you are facing when you purchase goods online. Our secret sauce to achieve this, is our ability to provide credit in real-time. If you want to learn more on how it is done, there is a great opportunity to join us, aim for awesomeness and write history.
We are currently serving 80 million customers and we are growing with a rate more than 40% annually, so there are very big opportunities having a massive impact in one of the very few profitable unicorns out there.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment.
- You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results!
- At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
What do we expect from you
- To be driven, this is an essential attribute if you want to thrive in Klarna’s fast moving environment
- Ensure high reliability and availability for production systems, including upgrade and release processes and incident handling
- Manage and deploy internal and external monitoring solutions for maintaining high availability for production systems
- Develop effective tooling, alerts, and response to both identify and address reliability risks
- Define and evangelise cloud-related optimisations and best practices to improve reliability and performance
- Responsible for troubleshooting cloud infrastructure, systems, network, and application stacks
- Work with fellow operations engineers and development teams on complex problems, and make decisions and recommendations about systems improvements after analysing possible courses of action
What you can expect from us
- A very, very competent compensation package, based on your skill level
- 6 weeks of paid holidays
- A practically unlimited potential to develop and grow, both personally and professionally
- Unlimited budget for personal development, including books, conferences and workshops
- Amazing relocation package to Berlin, Germany
- Generous pension and insurance plans
Code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We'd love to take a look. Here’s some of our work https://github.com/klarna
Klarna is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If it sounds good, go ahead and contact us! We are looking forward to hear from you!
Klarna company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.