As one of our Site Reliability Engineers your primary focus will be to work on driving our infrastructure code and architecture to allow us to grow, maintain and scale our platform. With you on the team we will be able to ingest loads of data, whilst making sure that our users have an amazing user experience.
You will work with the rest of your Scrum team to bridge the gap between code and infrastructure implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application is deployed as well as how it behaves, and always ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from and to these products.
Here are a few of the things you’ll do:
- Write software or scripts to monitor systems and applications and help scale and build resiliency in these applications.
- Ensure software has logging and diagnostics.
- Contribute to infrastructure platforms, applications architectural design and development as well as the overall product roadmap.
- Work with developers to support the latest features that we have in development providing automation, maintainability, and security.
- Design, implement and maintain backup and underlying storage infrastructure, ensuring all Worldsensing mission-critical data is backed.
- Perform capacity planning, scalability analysis, and performance optimization.
- Troubleshooting, investigation, and resolution of production issues.
- Implement artifacts lifecycle policies and CI/CD pipelines (ability to release early and often).
- Work closely with back-end engineers, product owners, and other team members to implement complex end-to-end systems.
- Rigorous commitment to documentation, quality engineering, testing, and support.
- 2+ years of experience as an SRE or similar role (systems engineer, devops, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics or Information Technology is desirable
- Understanding about Scrum/Kanban organization or similar agile methodologies.
- Great knowledge of Linux systems
- Hands-on experience implementing and utilizing configuration management and infrastructure-as-code tools (Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes or similar).
- Software development experience in at least one major programming language, preferably Python, Java, NodeJS, C, C++, etc...
- GCloud, AWS and/or Azure public cloud experience are a plus.
- Strong analysis and practical problem-solving abilities to resolve challenging situations
- You're passionate about IoT & technical challenges.
- You communicate with clarity and precision. We care about this almost as much as your technical ability.
- You’re an empathetic person who is comfortable with changes and is an incredibly fast learner and have a can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- Permanent work contract
- Office amenities, i.e. fresh fruit and coffee
- Possibility to work on a remote basis
- Flexible Compensation
- Great work environment which allows a great work-life balance
- We love to learn and we love to share so we encourage participation in our knowledge sharing groups (communities, tech chapters, show and tell, forums)
- Develop new ideas and really test them by participating in our annual Hack Weeks
- Monthly teamwork activities
- Opportunity to work for a global IoT player which has been labeled as one of the organizations actively shaping the Smart City ecosystem and pioneering the Industrial Internet.
At Worldsensing, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.