YouCanBook.me is a 100% remote company - but we employ people direct with full benefots and salaries in Spain
Fancy getting stuck in taking care of our APIs that handle 2 million requests per day? YouCanBook.me is looking for a committed and thoughtful developer to join our small back-end team to keep the wheels running smoothly
Core responsibility ~ take charge of YouCanBook.me's APIs ~
- manage day-to-day monitoring and development of YCBM's two APIs
- create new endpoints and additional functionality to the underlying codebase designed for scale and uptime
- work with CTO on product development side of tool
Skills / Experience we would expect to see:
- Core java skills: J2SE / J2EE, Spring, Hibernate
- Supporting skills: Git, Maven, Ant, Markdown, OAuth, REST, Mysql, Redis
- Familiarity with libraries: Apache Commons, Apache HTTP Client, java.time (JSR 310)
- Nice to have: Twilio APIs, Google APIs, WebDAV / CalDAV
- Knowledge and opinions about systems and how best to do things - we're looking for a balance of 'been there before' and 'oooh, would like to get stuck in and learn how to do that'
Stop wondering what would be like to work for an amazing company .
Apply to come and work for one. *
We are YouCanBook.me - one of the fastest growing scheduling tools in the world ...
. . our tool is big (hundreds of thousands of users and customers)
. . . the number of bookings we've done is big (30 million to date)
. . . the love is big (top scheduling app on G2 Crowd)
but as a company, we are super tiny.
We're 100% remote, 100% bootstrapped, profitable and growing.
We've decided it's time to expand the team.
Do not apply if you're looking to rise up the ranks of a mega-corp. Instead, join our ranks, and build your craft inside our tardis.
We need you.
What we're about:
You would get to work for a company with some amazing customers - everyone from the single marketeer or university professor, to some of the biggest companies in the world (customers from Pearson, Box, Yelp, Shopify, Pinterest, Expedia, Atlassian and many, many more all use our tool).
Our company has been named one of the top performing UK tech companies by G2 Crowd. We love sponsorships like SaaStock in London and SDX in Portland in June Our co-founder and CEO, Bridget Harris, has been named a national finalist in the digital category for the 'Forward Ladies' awards for women in business. She's a regular speaker in Business like Software and Microconf and this year was speaking at LTV Conf and SaaStock 2018.
Why does that matter? Because we like sharing how to walk the talk on company culture and building to sustainable, happy software business. We are working to build an amazing place where work gets done. You'd be joining a handful of smart, imaginative, hard workers and learners.
We meet up around twice a year from our locations in the US, Spain and the UK. This year we met in Costa Rica.
We share and build. We celebrate success together. We work on where we went wrong, and build something better.
We like: systems, processes, automation, documentation, scaling, profit and happy customers.
We do not like: over-working, being stressed, sloppy work, typs, current offices, paperwork, not being able to help.
You need to join us. * All our jobs are secure and employed - we hire in the US, Spain, Ireland and the UK (we would consider other countries for outstanding candidates)
- 100% health + dental insurance (for the UK and Spain too)
- 25-30 days PTO (it's flexible) + public holidays
- Generous paternity + maternity benefits
- International travel (our last two company retreats were Portugal and Costa Rica)
- Profit share after 2 years, long term security in a company that's solid and growing.
- Open and transparent company - we share everything from revenue to salaries